Retro 16

rarel01

Lieutenant
Just thought I'd post a pic of a build were having done. The boat is a retro 16 , powered by a tohatsu 40 HP 4 stroke. Mitch at Pickering wharf has been very helpful thru the process. We plan on using this boat as an inshore fluke and striper rigs. Island hop the thimble and picnic with. It's also lite enough to tow to Champlain and Winni. Electronics package will be a ray dragonfly , sitex ec5fi and s/h 1700 thoughts?

image.jpg

jojobee

Commander
nice. does it have a floor or do you walk on the bottom like a Holland 14?

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Would love to see apic of the interior as well. Electronics "package" for a 16' boat sounds fun.

oldshell55

Captain
Boat Make
BHM36 , 38’ young bros ,
Just thought I'd post a pic of a build were having done. The boat is a retro 16 , powered by a tohatsu 40 HP 4 stroke. Mitch at Pickering wharf has been very helpful thru the process. We plan on using this boat as an inshore fluke and striper rigs. Island hop the thimble and picnic with. It's also lite enough to tow to Champlain and Winni. Electronics package will be a ray dragonfly , sitex ec5fi and s/h 1700 thoughts?

who is making the hull? is retro a model name?

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
Pretty sure he's having it built jojo.

Bob, got some questions

1) what's your expected gun'l height when finished
2) what's the bow height on her from water to top of stem
3) whole thing's coosa cored right?

jojobee

Commander
i looked on line and saw that it had a 7' beam. should be pretty stable

rarel01

Lieutenant
Doing the best I can to answer questions. Bear with me. Away we go 1- stock deck extremely stout...2 tunnel hgt easy terms above the knee to upper thigh shes deep! 3 - bow hgt ???? After the build easy answer.....3 solid glass with a cored transom in some area( coosa?) As to cost contact the builder or mitch @ retro marine. It's been my experience $$$ can vary greatly as we all know too well! Please feel free to fire away with questions or comments... Bob

Glosta Mon

Lieutenant
Great project!
Is this to be a center console?
I have a 16' Novi "Bass-Type" boat I put together a few years ago. It was fun to finish out a bare hull & these boats always generate a lot of inquiries @ the beach.

my electronic package is a Raymarine A57d plotter sounder ,Standard horizon VHF, Fusion Ipod dock remote wired stereo

http://s582.photobucket.com/user/glostamon/media/raisedbed152_zpsec0d4f11.jpg.html

Last edited:

rarel01

Lieutenant
It's going to be a center console. My wife and I debated the day boat as well. In the end the practicality and openiness of a cc won out. With the positive response I've been receiving pics will follow thru the remaining process.

Top Bottom