Retro marine/southwest fiberglass 21

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
Does anybody have any experience/opinions on the retro marine 21 cape islander?
$18000 for a new barebones center console with head and no wood build.
Seems good.
Pushed along nicely with a 70hp.
Pretty flat bottom I know, so not meant for blasting through rough water
Your thoughts?

Jangles

Lieutenant Commander
Seems pretty nice. I'm curious about the logistics of using the head inside the console. That's either a giant console, or a tiny toilet.

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
Been inside a boat with head in the console, and it had 6ft of head room, and enough room to sit. This was a v hull boat, that would have a deeper hull than the retro marine though.
The head is really for my wife though, and she's only 5'1"

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport
My wife & I noticed the Retro Marine 21' Standard PH @ the Portland, ME. boat show a few years back. We were very impressed with the build quality. The deck space was HUGE for a 21' boat. The cuddy was too small for us. If it was say a 24' we might be in one right now. Built in Nova Scotia if I'm not mistaken. I would give them a real hard look if everything meets your needs.

JDTOOM

Lieutenant Commander
I've been in one and they are pretty nice and very stable boats for their size. I know the rep in the Boston area pretty well. He helped me out when I bought my boat even though he had absolutley nothing to gain from it. He's a real nice guy and helpful. PM me if you need his contact info.
John

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
I've been in one and they are pretty nice and very stable boats for their size. I know the rep in the Boston area pretty well. He helped me out when I bought my boat even though he had absolutley nothing to gain from it. He's a real nice guy and helpful. PM me if you need his contact info.
John
Thanks for the input.
I'm not quite there yet. Just checking out the options. Really thinking small and open with a head in the console for my wife. Retro 21 fits the bill with a good price tag .
I've got an open 20 footer, but it is SLOW, and no head for wifey.
I don't have to go up too much in size, and the mooring I've got works nice, and has a limit on the low 20s before it becomes an issue.
Other thought was something like a Mitchell cove 20, since its got so much beam
Or maybe a bhm21 with outboard.

Thanks again, and I welcome all thoughts and suggestions

Eastporter

Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
You might want to check out the 21' CC Surfside Boat from NH. They can customize the console to include a head for you I'm pretty sure.

Home Page

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
Thanks eastporter, that is a great looking boat. Old seaway mold did I read? (That's yoda talk)

Eastporter

Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Thanks eastporter, that is a great looking boat. Old seaway mold did I read? (That's yoda talk)

Old Pointer with integrated spray rails added to mold (rumor has it).

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
Ok, nice. Thanks for the lead. It's definitely something I will check out provided they can do the head in console. I believe there are a couple old pointer inboard center consoles floating around here. I have always admired them. But a refined outboard is the ticket

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom