Rewire

Joemas

Lieutenant Commander
So I have an 82 Harris cuttyhunk. She is a good looker but man my wiring needs updating . Seems getting someone here on Long Island is near impossible . Any suggestions would be appreciated .

9991446B-D7E5-4C39-BE86-E4140126A74A.jpeg

F/V KRISTA MARIE

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
General Marine 26
Try Bluewater out of Norwalk, CT. He might travel to you or have you bring the boat around to him. Greg 203-570-2306

Joemas

Lieutenant Commander
Try Bluewater out of Norwalk, CT. He might travel to you or have you bring the boat around to him. Greg 203-570-2306
Thanks for that . I actually have a boat mechanic who is very knowledgeable in all areas of boat systems coming to try to do some requiring tomorrow . If we don’t have success in tracking down the short and organizing the wiring blue water may ne my next option .
thanks . I will let u know how it turns out .

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

Joemas

Lieutenant Commander
Joe, how did it turn out ?
After exhaustive work putting in three new group 31 batteries and rewiring all of my electronics , autopilot , modules etc to a new blue seas fuse panel with a designated circuit breaker I still had a disruptive short on a half dozen systems ( toilet , VHF, wipers etc ).
we then proceeded to disconnect every ground on my panels since the ground bar was showing 12 volts, yup 12 V at the ground .
morw testing turns out it was a short in the all around light on my radar arch .
snipped that wire and voila no more short .
. a couple of thousand later , four differ parties and it was something simple .
we got lucky though shorts are very hard to find .
mall is well for now .

Top Bottom