Ripped off on a scam on thif forum-be aware!!!

Boat Make
Jarvis Newman 36
I just got scammed by a member named Martini, wish I saw this thread sooner. I'm out a lot of money now. I also just had a message from a the charles22, all these names the same guy you think?
I think so they always refer you to someone else with and phone number. You will find the member posting and referring is a very new member. Sorry they got you. The are the lowest form of scum.

Dolph

Ensign
Sorry for the loss, but thanks for the reminder to beware of scammers ...

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

PBianculli

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
26’ Fortier
I just had one from Travis456 too!!! Must be a scam, I got the same response and am emailing with “Allen Newton Jr” currently. Waiting to see how it plays out, he wants payment thru Zelle which has 0 fraud protection

Ditchdigger

Rear Admiral
I actually know a few people who fell for the certified check scam. You might ask yourself, what could be better than a certified bank check ? The answer is CASH !! Had a relative do a transaction recently. $100,000.00 Plus !
Transaction was done in a bank. Lot's of cameras. put the money in safe deposit box and deposit it slowly !
Everyone Loves Cash !!
Just my opinion. The world has gotten crazy with smart scammers. Certified bank checks ! Fraudulent !!!
What does Certified mean ? It's like a Jerry Seinfeld series. It's been certified !!!!

Boat Make
Jarvis Newman 36
Cash is great person to person. These scammers are usually not local. The certified check is really not the scam in this instance. Trust me the scammer would have excepted cash through the mail. After I refused venmo that is what he wanted. I am the guy that didn't look closely enough at who I was doing business with long distance. I have done this successfully in the past. I purchased my original Davies this way 9 years ago from a guy in Canada. It could not have gone more smoothly. Others on this forum have reported they got hit by these a-holes and fell prey as well. True certified bank checks are as safe as cash. I posted this to help others. PMs I have received and some postings indicate this post has helped some folks not be victims of this new member referral scam. Unfortunately some others have been scammed by these a-holes.

Top Bottom