Rods for sale

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
Those 80's are mounted backwards on the bent butts...??

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Looks like the butts are 180 degrees off to the guides and the reels as well. Butts must be able be rotated 180 on these rods?

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
They don't exactly rotate, but you can put them together wrong. You haven't ever taken a rod apart, I guess. Makes you wonder how he got them if they're put together wrong.

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
I bet he had the butts off the rod and was too lazy or didnt know to screw them on all the way

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
They don't exactly rotate, but you can put them together wrong. You haven't ever taken a rod apart, I guess. Makes you wonder how he got them if they're put together wrong.

We've been having a high rate of thievery in our neck of the woods over the last few years. You have to wonder if you see something like incorrect rod assembly on high dollar packages. Swapping rods and reels around to make things look different might be a way to make "hot" items appear much "cooler" than they really are. And if you're not a fisherman to begin with, I guess mistakes happen when swapping things around. For the record, I did not say these were stolen.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make

Nope. nothing that big.

I have a great Temple Fork Outfitters rod that is a permanently affixed extension of my R arm in the summer though. Light as a feather and stiff like a fly rod. Nothing better than topwater fishing with it.

Tell you the truth, I could catch 6" snappers all day and never get tired of it. I like to catch big fish too but just like to fish more than anything. Catching is a bonus.

Rlmdrydock

Ensign
I spoke with him. He has shared these with a buddy. He is selling his house on water because of sandy. House flooded but rods were upstairs. All from mid. 90s and all single speed. Not fished commercially.
Late in post but is there value here for someone like myself to be tuna ready for 5k?

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
These were posted again a couple days ago so there is a good chance that they are still available.

Think I would go in with like $2500 cash if they are even worth it (single speed? tuna guys will have to weigh in).

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
I wouldn't part with old penn single speed 130s. Someone actually tried to buy them off me last summer and I laughed at them.

tuna_fan

Captain
First Name
Eric
old penn's are better than the new ones...but the shimano's are better than them all...much smoother drag than any of the penns, even the old ones.

Rlmdrydock

Ensign
These are sold. I followed up with him a couple of days ago. However, hmaving chased these I keep seeing even more opportunities to purchase used equipment. Big turn over in used reels and rods.

Top Bottom