Rosborough 35 RF

mikec0206

Ensign
1985 Rosborough RF-35
For sale by owner: $41k

I purchased the boat in September of 2019 with the intent of living on her and doing some refit projects. Due to a life and career change, I am no longer living on the boat and have much less time than planned to use her. My plan was to complete many of the refit projects that I have planned and then list her next summer. However, when I was boat shopping, I ran into many refitted boats that weren't done the way I wanted yet commanded a much higher price due to the owner's investment in the refit. What was hard to find was a boat with good bones that I could get at a reasonable price and allow enough money leftover to do the refit projects I wanted. In case there's anyone out there like me, I thought I'd post her now in as-is condition in case someone would rather buy her at a lower price now and do their own work themselves. Happy to discuss the particulars of the boat as-is and what my plans were. She was running no problem all summer and was winterized before going on the hard in November 2019. Most of the work I plan to do is cosmetic. I ran her all of last summer and so far I've fitted her with a brand new Espar diesel heater for New England winters, purchased brand new batteries, battery charger, battery switch and ACR. Looking for $41k as-is but willing to negotiate a bit. Please reach out to discuss further or for additional pictures.

Here are a few pics:

6206090_20170415114309269_1_XLARGE.jpg 6206090_20170430192647683_1_XLARGE.jpg 6206090_20170415114147599_1_XLARGE.jpg
1587227609610.png 1587227633628.png 1587227682626.png

1587227872298.png

Last edited:
First Name
John
1985 Rosborough RF-35
For sale by owner: $41k

I purchased the boat in September of 2019 with the intent of living on her and doing some refit projects. Due to a life and career change, I am no longer living on the boat and have much less time than planned to use her. My plan was to complete many of the refit projects that I have planned and then list her next summer. However, when I was boat shopping, I ran into many refitted boats that weren't done the way I wanted yet commanded a much higher price due to the owner's investment in the refit. What was hard to find was a boat with good bones that I could get at a reasonable price and allow enough money leftover to do the refit projects I wanted. In case there's anyone out there like me, I thought I'd post her now in as-is condition in case someone would rather buy her at a lower price now and do their own work themselves. Happy to discuss the particulars of the boat as-is and what my plans were. She was running no problem all summer and was winterized before going on the hard in November 2019. Most of the work I plan to do is cosmetic. I ran her all of last summer and so far I've fitted her with a brand new Espar diesel heater for New England winters, purchased brand new batteries, battery charger, battery switch and ACR. Looking for $41k as-is but willing to negotiate a bit. Please reach out to discuss further or for additional pictures.

Here are a few pics:

View attachment 81588 View attachment 81589 View attachment 81590
View attachment 81592 View attachment 81593 View attachment 81594

View attachment 81595
Might be interested. Live in Ontario Canada so crossing border these days could be tricky. Little late for canal so would probably be truck. Did you move this by truck or water when you bought? Looks like the one that I was looking at sold by Knot ten a couple years back. Is this photo of the galley current? Guessing you have a survey. Current engine hours? Would like a current photo of the boat on the hard if you have one. Is the espar air or hydronic?

mikec0206

Ensign
I can send you an email with more specs. This is likely the one that you saw on Knot Ten.

I did move her by water from VA. I'm not sure what the feasibility is of moving by truck. The flybridge comes off but she's still pretty tall. I did look into it when I bought her and a transport company at that time said that they could do VA to NJ with it, but couldn't come any further north due to bridge clearances. I also know that the boat got to VA in the water as well.

I do have a survey from 2019 available. Current engine hours are 3,600. The photo of the galley is very recent. A little more work has occurred since the photo was taken.

Best,
Michael

novivin

Commander
Hello Mike, Name is Vinny. Sent you a message. You have my contact there, please give me a call I would like to set something up. Thanks

Top Bottom