Rp35

Frank Grimes

Rear Admiral
First Name
John
Big ass 35'. Dwarfs a 35' Duffy or 36' NB in comparison. Skeg, so slow down in a head sea (if you're even going fast to begin with). But, perhaps more stable than a built-down?? Takes a lot of power to push her. I think Dantilu got an 18 kt cruise out of a 500hp CAT, if I remember correctly.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
All good things... Love the dwarf a 35!!!! I do mind the hard to push...

tunamojo

Rear Admiral
Website
Www.wickedweasel.com
Boat Make
Holland 32
DSC01082_zps4c40bf51.jpg

Dantilu is a high sheer 35, and one of the last ones to come out of the shop before the fire. She has a Cat C 9 that pushes her cruise 18-20 and in the corner 22-24.
I know the new owner has added a ton of weight to her and no longer gets those numbers out of her.

Here is my 2 cents on this hull.......
I bought her to be a Charter boat, high sides to keep flat landers on the deck.
biggest platform you could get in a 35.
The 35 is an old design that was made to be stable carrying ALOT of weight at a 12 knot cruise!
she was never designed to house a 510HP engine. she was once described to me as having a "Cheeky" build and I always thought that was correct. She has a very full round body at the waterline below the main bulk head.
you can see it when power is applied as she "pushes" water at the very spot. We all ways joke she had water wings.
OK now, The boat would steam though "anything" at a slow cruise! She would sit perfect at anchor or a drift. the high sheer gave me ample room below decks to stow anything you ever needed. and put huge fuel reserves in her!

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
That is one hell of a boat... I had an Osmand Beal, which seemed to fit the same bill, wide, slow, etc...

How do you like the green stick?

FVSD

Lieutenant Commander
I fish beside Mojo's old boat all the time. It's one of the pretties 35' hulls I've seen and if you see it stern to an NB36 it looks like a 40'. I did not know it was the high sheer model but could be why it has such pleasing lines.

Eslang

Commander
Boat Make
43 Flowers
Here's a picture.6076 300 Deere,506 TD 2 to 1 gear,wet exhaust,heat exchange,275 gal fuel.
Nice boat Traditions Before I built my 36 NB I went to go look at a 37 Mitchell Cove in Portland. It was a few slips away from Dantilu. I was amazed at the size of that boat. It is tremendous for a 35' boat. If you saw it & didn't know what it was, you would swear it was bigger than 35'

Top Bottom