Salty 14 vs Holland 14

Pilgrim

Deckhand
Boat Make
Seaway 21
I've wanted a Holland 14 for a long time. Each time one comes up for sale, I'm too late or it's too far away.
I found a used Salty 14 for sale locally.
Should I try to buy it or wait for a Holland to show up?
What does a Salty 14 with console cost new?

harpoon83

Commodore
First Name
Colin
Can't help with the comparison, but I am currently rebuilding a Salty 14. The hull is well built. I've got a new coosa transom glassed in, and with a combination of time, weather, and effort, we will get the new deck glassed in soon.

The soaked plywood deck and balsa transom weighted a lot.

It seems like a nice little skiff. It is light now so I hope that it scoots right along with the 15 hp tiller that I picked up. Salty says that it can take up to a 25-hp.

I feel like they are both unicorns when it comes to being for sale. You will never find a cheap 14-Holland, even if it is garbage and needs to be rebuilt it will still fetch high dollar. The salty hulls, I have seen come up for sale cheap when they need some love.

harpoon83

Commodore
First Name
Colin
Thanks Colin. I've been looking forward to seeing your finished hull.
Me too. My plan is to get the deck glassed in, and gelcoat on it, mount the motor and maybe some running lights and get it in the water for the summer. I scored a dock spot instead of my mooring, so the pressure is off for it to be my tender.

I am trying to get one of my friends who does body work and paint to do some work on eterior of the hull in the fall and over the winter.

Deckhand
I have a holland hull if you want. Needs a little TLC. Comes with trailer. 3,500

Lee Dalzell

Deckhand
657CBB02-A83D-44E0-8DD8-9DEEA95B0C60.jpeg
FOR SALE

14”9’ 2022 David J Smith Novi, 2022 yahama 25 hp and nice overbuilt venture aluminum I beam trailer. Boat is overbuilt and very gorgeous best of both worlds. Gets compliments everytime I am out. Available End of October. May sell sooner though

xbskt

Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
13 Whaler, 14 Salty Boats, 28 Crowley Beal, 36 Northern Bay. WTF!?!
I've wanted a Holland 14 for a long time. Each time one comes up for sale, I'm too late or it's too far away.
I found a used Salty 14 for sale locally.
Should I try to buy it or wait for a Holland to show up?
What does a Salty 14 with console cost new?
Can't say how much a new Salty 14 costs but Cabot at Salty Boats of Maineis a nice guy that will likely tell you.
If you are interested I have a Salty Great Bay 14 that I rebuilt and repowered for sale in the classifieds.

1997 Salty Boat of Maine - Great Bay 14

Good luck in your search. That Holland is a nice skiff too so not a bad problem to have.

Top Bottom