Satellite Connection help needed

Linesiders

Lieutenant Commander
I recently hooked up a Garmin GXM 51 to a nmea 2000 network to interface a Garmin gps for the xm/sirus weather service, ect. I was given a fusion 600 series radio that says Sirus ready. The GXM 51 has a second cord on it for audio, it also includes a connector to take the audio cord and make it into traditional red/white aux jacks. So if I hook up the red white, I can hear the satellite service basic channel, playing it through the aux on the Fusion stereo but I am unable to change the stations on the satellite. Anyone know how this connection is done? Is there a special adapter of tuner needed. I notice the fusion has a cord for satellite in, but I have no idea where to find the connector for it even after some research. Thanks for any help.

Pitou

Commander
First Name
Kevin
Boat Make
'06 Albin 31 TE
You're receiving the tease station. In order to get full Sirius/XM you'll need a Satellite Connect Universal Tuner; Interface/Receiver Box and then subscribe for "X" per month with Sirius/XM.

Amazon.com: Fusion MS-ACSRA25 Sirius Satellite Radio Receiver for Fusion Marine Stereos (Antenna and Six Month Sirius Subscription Included): Sports & Outdoors

I had to do this with my Clarion system about 6 years ago. Good luck. The Fusion equipment looks pretty nice.

Another option, if you have a good data plan on your cell phone, is to utilize Pandora or another online FREE music service through the Aux jack on the face plate of your Fusion. Works great for coastal, but not so well offshore.

Linesiders

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks for the reply. I think that will work but I wanted to use the gxm 51 as the antenna for the satellite. Do you know if that product will interface with the gxm 51 antenna?

Pitou

Commander
First Name
Kevin
Boat Make
'06 Albin 31 TE
I'm pretty sure that you can use your antenna. The antennas have a single threaded connector that connects to the Sirius cable which has a small single push plug on the other end connecting to the satellite tuner. I bought my tuner without an antenna and purchased a different style.

Lion's Paw

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.divehatteras.com
Boat Make
42 Duffy
I do believe that you select the xm audio channel from the plotter and you just set the fusion to the aux input. It worked that way with my older garmin 3210 network system. Just a bit clunky, but it worked. My older fusion radio head unit is down below and I only have the remote contorl on the bridge.

I no longer use the XM audio, just the weather downlink. Hated to pay extra for something they should have just tossed in for free, plus I dont hear it all that well over the engines and other noise without the radio really so loud it annoys everyone else...

Linesiders

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks for the info. Lions paw I'll check for that function, either way I should get this figured out.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom