Saturday nights Boston harbor accident

Tuna Hotline

Captain
My father did a study on radar reflectors 30 years ago when he was still sailing around the world. Believe it or not, the gold color "cardboard" ones you can buy actually show up on radar better than the metal ones on high fliers. I keep one on a flag staff for my Regulator for when it's foggy. I can't run with it because it's too flimsy, but you can bet your ass it goes in the rocket launchers when I anchor up or start drifting.

Haddock

Captain
First Name
Mike
Boat Make
24' Seaway Hard Top
Flocks of birds with hollow bones show up but not a boat, hmmm. Might add a few high flier reflectors to my boat for added safety, thanks Mud!

Haddock

Captain
First Name
Mike
Boat Make
24' Seaway Hard Top
Where can you pick these ones up?
My father did a study on radar reflectors 30 years ago when he was still sailing around the world. Believe it or not, the gold color "cardboard" ones you can buy actually show up on radar better than the metal ones on high fliers. I keep one on a flag staff for my Regulator for when it's foggy. I can't run with it because it's too flimsy, but you can bet your ass it goes in the rocket launchers when I anchor up or start drifting.

Joe Donovan

Ensign
First Name
Joe
The jury's out on whether this was gross negligence? Nah, I don't think so. There is a saying in the law -- "res ipsa loquitur." "The thing speaks for itself."

Kailua Kid

Captain
Website
www.gibbonslawgroup.com
Boat Make
General Marine 26; Klamath 19; Sparkman & Stephens Yankee 38 sloop
Innocent until proven guilty as they say.
Certainly more than one violation of the COLREGS, which implicates the Pennsylvania Rule (after the ship, PENNSYLVANIA, not the state), which will make the defense very, um, “complicated.”

Fishnjess

Captain
Different rules for the rich, regardless of politics. People with boats like that are most dangerous on the water, trying to fight/cheat time, with total disregard for anything other than themselves.
I’ve been on the water all of my life, can’t really ever say I am comfortable driving a boat at night. Drinking while doing it is just stupid.
What I always say to myself when an actor, celebrity, rich person, etc, has a dwi/dui is, “really, all that money and you can hire a car service or chauffeur to drive your drunk ass around!!!”

Last edited:

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
He is one of the biggest demo contractors in the country it says. Pretty impressive company.

Dave588

Lieutenant Commander
They had a kid on news. Rolled his car and passenger died. Oui. Sitting in jail?
No connections?

Members online

Top Bottom