save money on oil changes

tuna

Lieutenant
hi i sell texas refinery products it is one of the top rated oil on the market . the oil is good for a 1000 hours or more and you can send a sample in to see how much life is used . the oil analysis is free and tells you all about your oil and whats in it. i have boats from MA to NH using it , then there fuel additive that cleans and removes water ,reduces smoking .

check out the web site Texas Refinery Corp
and pm fore more info thanks steve

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.woundupmarine.com
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Kaiser

Lieutenant Commander
wow, I have seen all kinds of oil. Wolfshead, drydeen, lubriaplate, ect ect never heard of you. I would be interested in trying 3 gal of 15W40 if you are interested in supplying them.

There used to be many very high quality oils made by small scale family Co's. I thought they were all gone.

Lets see.

tunafishhkg

Captain
Boat Make
35 Duffy
I have used this oil on and off depending on trolling time since its the grit from low speed that concerns me so 100hr changes will always show good on any oil tests. From my understanding, its basically oil using with the best ingredients but at 100hrs it gets expensive so is it worth it? It comes or did come last I got it, in 6G steel pails(Is this still the case?) that in saltwater, need to be transferred if stored onboard, to prevent the dreaded rust ring. What I think is the best use for me, is on the last change before layup since they say they use special additives for prolonged storage or layup. With my sched, I can be on the hard 6-7m at a time so I always use it when I haul out for the season.

tuna

Lieutenant
what makes this oil last 5-10 times longer than people usually run their oil? Also, oil sampling is good and all but what about the carbon that is collecting in the oil. Without a good by-pass, fine filtration unit, that carbon will stay in the oil, collecting for 1000 hrs, not so good for bearings.

the additives in the oil dissolve it small enough to be collected in the filter. when you send oil in for analyses the give you a complete print out of your oil you can do it any time you want . i had a customer that had an exhaust leak and ingested all the saute into the engine did a oil analyses and came back clean and good to go that was 500 hours ago . check the site out for all the specs thanks or call me at 617-407-4319 steve

Prdlobster

Commander
You can get 1000 hours out of an oil change but does it cost 10x as much as say a traditional 15W40? How many hours do you get out of the filters?

tuna

Lieutenant
I have used this oil on and off depending on trolling time since its the grit from low speed that concerns me so 100hr changes will always show good on any oil tests. From my understanding, its basically oil using with the best ingredients but at 100hrs it gets expensive so is it worth it? It comes or did come last I got it, in 6G steel pails(Is this still the case?) that in saltwater, need to be transferred if stored onboard, to prevent the dreaded rust ring. What I think is the best use for me, is on the last change before layup since they say they use special additives for prolonged storage or layup. With my sched, I can be on the hard 6-7m at a time so I always use it when I haul out for the season.

they are plastic 6 gallon now my buddy has a guy who hasn't changed oil in 3 years it test good the tbn is still higher than most other oils . the cost is about the same as other oils and till the end of the month its 10% of for new customers

Top Bottom