Saving Money on Filters

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
What do you guys do to save money on filters? I have to imagine there might be a way to do bulk ahead of time.

I used to just walk into NAPA and take what they give me. We'll I always get the run around and told that they only have the NAPA GOLD. Which seems to be about twice the amount than Wix online at lets say Fleetfilter.com. I then just caught on that I can call ahead to get Baldwin filters which compares to the same Wix online prices without the shipping charges.

My oil filter is $66 with Napa Gold, $32 with Wix online and $30 with Baldwin called ahead. Then toss on a 10% off with AAA discount.

The fuel seems to be the same, Napa Gold is $16, Wix online is $8, Baldwin is 8. I carry about 8 of these primary's onboard just incase.

Anyone have any other good tips or anything bad about Baldwin filters? Thanks.

Kaiser

Lieutenant Commander
I have used Baldwin filters for many many years in everything from bulldozers to boats. Great product.

I think they are the OEM for Mack or some heavy highway truck.

NAPA is way over price and I question there quality

Wix, I don't have any experiences with

Now that I think more about it they may be the mfg of Fleetguard???

Curmudgeon

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44' Stanley, 40 Webbers Cove, 19 Ocean Pointer
Filters

Marinefilters.com & zorotool.com are what guys sound me use.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I've used wix filters for 20 years in my 41 volvo's no problems, i'll use them on the deere in the H&H after i run out of the filters that came with the boat.

Kaiser

Lieutenant Commander
If anyone here has a Yanmar 315 I'll be happy to share the Toyota part numbers for oil & fuel filter. Sets of alternator belts are Totota also.
Same parts are put into Yanmar boxes and marked up atleast 300%

Baldwin #

Fuel BF7535
Oil BD7029

Blacktide

Commander
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
Shawn I use all Baldwin on my Lugger. Price is right and everyone I've talked to says they are ok

onion

Lieutenant
I have a 315 yanmar in my 26 webbers cove and would love to have the numbers for the toyota filters and belts.

whitesands

Ensign
I have a 315 yanmar in my 26 webbers cove and would love to have the numbers for the toyota filters and belts.

If anyone here has a Yanmar 315 I'll be happy to share the Toyota part numbers for oil & fuel filter. Sets of alternator belts are Totota also.
Same parts are put into Yanmar boxes and marked up atleast 300%
I also have a 315 Yanmar and would be grateful for Toyota #s, thanks!

Top Bottom