Say hello

Boat Make
Custom stapleton/ downeast style
Been on forum for awhile.... Really enjoy all, especially the boats. I live in Florida. Commerically spearfish and lobster... Rebuilt my boat last year will try to posts some pics...love the boats did I mention that.... Lots of great info, appreciate all I've read.... Look forward to jumping in when I have something worth saying.

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
welcome.
i'm here soaking up the knowledge and chipping in occasionally when i can too
great bunch of guys

Last edited:

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
not shoveling snow or plowing? don't know what your missing!:rolleyes:

wx last yr 2012 was 80's here. this yr 30's and snow.

Boat Make
Quick question guys.. Looking at a 31 1985 bhm... Sweet boat, looking to pull the trigger... Know a little howrespected they are... Has fairly new power, 330 cummins...anything I should be concerned. Decks are tight... Lots of room, engine below deck, love that..... I'll dive,, kingfish and shark fish out of it.... Come on.......????

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Look out for water in the cabin top and washboards where holes have been drilled, assuming it's got the balsa core molded top. Also the engines sit real low, so make sure it's got a well engineered system if it's wet exhaust. The turbo on the Cummins is way down there.

Boat Make
Thanks Petrel..... Dry exhaust..... Will check those spots, was aware of the build process.....awesome advice!!

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
31' Eastern w/John Deere 6076 AFM30
Welcome aboard and good luck with finding a boat. There are a ton of great guys on here who have the talent for building, refurbishing or the mechanical works of a DE boat. Don't be afraid to ask questions that is how we all learn from each other. Have a good day and once again welcome to my favorite forum.

Dave

Top Bottom