Scupper Help

Ben Hillyard

Ensign
Hello all,

I have a 2008, 22 ft Eastern (115 hp, lobster boat style) and would like your advice on replacement scuppers. I use my boat for both recreational and occasional lobstering and have struggled with keeping my deck dry. I lobster in Great Bay, NH and there is a lot of eel grass so I don't think a ball scupper will work. My factory scuppers do not keep the water out. Any suggestions?

33youngbrothers

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
33' YB
When I had my pointer, I used to carry 4-5 trays of bait in the stern. I'd just keep my plugs in then when I had a little time between my traps I'd open them up.

2brits

Ensign
I have been frustrated with the scuppers on my 18 pointer. I replaced my scupper flaps with the ball scuppers. They are better, however they let just enough water in to keep my feet wet. I have thought of putting in a well with a bilge pump have not got around to doing it yet. I had hoped the ball scuppers would have worked a little better.

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
The cover just sits there, acting as a wall for the larger items, mud and silt and stuff suspended in the water will flow past but it keeps the chunks out. Just sits on the floor, it's not water tight by any means. That would defeat the purpose. Keeps the owners feet from crunching up the bilge pump and it also keeps him out of the hole.

It's pretty straight forward

Top Bottom