Sea bass trap builder

AtoZ

Lieutenant Commander
Does anyone know who builds traps? I am getting a trap that I would like duplicated. The owner built the trap but does not have time to make more. They catch well. Thx in advance.
Scott

AtoZ

Lieutenant Commander
Probably going to be the plan. Any idea where to buy the crimp gun? Aluminum sleeve crimps?

PatriciaLynn

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Repco
Ketchum can get you anything you need. The owner (I forget his name now) is super helpful with pretty much anything you need. If they don't have it in stock they can get it.

Buying and setting up crimp guns aren't cheap. May make more sense to have them build a few for you if you are looking for a few.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Probably going to be the plan. Any idea where to buy the crimp gun? Aluminum sleeve crimps?
how many you looking for? Friendship Trap or Books Trap Mill along with Ketchum all can build them for ya. Clip guns are aprox $500, air cutters $200. If you don't need many cheaper to build them. I think i saw a guy on mass fishermans buy sell on facebook had a trap building set up for sale.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Ketchum can get you anything you need. The owner (I forget his name now) is super helpful with pretty much anything you need. If they don't have it in stock they can get it.

Buying and setting up crimp guns aren't cheap. May make more sense to have them build a few for you if you are looking for a few.
Myron is the name i think.

MarketPrice2020

Lieutenant Commander
Purchase from ketchum. If you want to get into trap building then you can but it's not cheap. Plus you need to learn, which is the fun part. But purchase some from ketchum and then go from there. There a real good company to work with. I just met there truck for a big delivery of trap goods. Best of luck 2 u

MarketPrice2020

Lieutenant Commander
@market price...what are the lat and long numbers when you snapped that pic of your bottom machine....lol

Lol now that was a post I didn't expect! But a very good/smart post lol! Commercial fishing for cbass and bluefish. They were piled up on a high spot then started to spread out and thicken up after the tide broke. Awesome fishing that day. All on 8oz diamond jigs.

Codcruncher

Commander
Lol now that was a post I didn't expect! But a very good/smart post lol! Commercial fishing for cbass and bluefish. They were piled up on a high spot then started to spread out and thicken up after the tide broke. Awesome fishing that day. All on 8oz diamond jigs.
Yup...they're stacked up pretty good

AtoZ

Lieutenant Commander
Went to ketch um. Met Myron. He knows his business. Measured everything up, gave a quote and we ordered the traps. Very easy! Place is hopping. Good people.

Top Bottom