First Name
Scott
I just don't get the bow dodger thing.

hfpd

Lieutenant
Boat Make
34 Webber Cove / 19 General Marine
I just don't get the bow dodger thing.
These boats are wet. If you are hauling it gives you a little protection. I will admit I took it off my gm 19.

B1414

Lieutenant Commander
I like the bow dodgers, I think that is a GM 19 though

John Kirk

Lieutenant
Because it is over-priced? I guess I should sell mine for $10,000.00

Toots

Lieutenant
I guess so, John. Looks like its well kept, and in Cumberland Foreside to boot..

Definitely not worth 10k but thats a nice rig.

Dorado

Commander
What’s it worth? I see 17 whalers all the time for a lot more than this. strong following aside I’m not sure why anyone would prefer the whaler.

John Kirk

Lieutenant
Mine is an 81' hull with a '93 evinrude 100 gas guzzler and it came with a decent trailer. I paid $4000.00. It looks to be in good shape, but appearances can be deceiving as I found out with mine. Given the power, I would think more in the $6000.00 range.

_Ajax_

Lieutenant
First Name
Scott
That's a marketing gimmick. It won't sink on a flat lake. That's seldom where trouble happens.

novivin

Captain
That's a marketing gimmick. It won't sink on a flat lake. That's seldom where trouble happens.
Do you know how a whaler is made? They won't sink at all, even in the worst seas that exist. You might not be able to hold onto it then, but it will float away from you once you are beat.

_Ajax_

Lieutenant
First Name
Scott
Yes I know how they are made. I also know how Key West boats are made and they have their same version of that video. I don't want to get into a pissing match here because who really cares about this but cutting any boat in half and watching the cut end tilt up due to weight balance and then saying "look it still floats" is silly. Half of a beer can floats also until water gets in it. There is no such thing as unsinkable - with the right conditions and forces, anything will sink. But yes I understand fully that BW and KW and others have foam filled hulls that resist sinking even when they are filled with water, which those pieces in the video are not... I'm just saying, those videos are marketing gimmicks because they prove nothing. Pretty much any boat you cut in half and doesn't take on water will continue to float.... until it takes on water. That BW probably doesn't sink even if it does take on water, but that video doesn't prove it.

Last edited:

P18Flirt

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
Pointer 18 / BHM 28
Top Bottom