Seaway 21 Hardtop Sport

JimRP31

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Willis Beal/RP 31
I was this at the Providence Boat show. This is more of a work boat style with less amenities than their traditional 21' Bass boat. Nice boat 42K, 20k less than the Bass Boat. Not as nice a the CD23 but good value for the money. Not sure how it performs but looked nice.

24 Hardtop - YouTube[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

1311706492.jpg

sneakypete

Lieutenant
Boat Make
16' skiff & 25' BHM Seaworthy
I was looking at the Seaway 24 Hardtop at the Baltimore Boat Show. I am going to be taking it for a sea trial hopfully soon. It looks like a nice boat. I am looking at getting one for crabbing here off the Chesapeake bay & tributaries.

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport
I was this at the Providence Boat show. This is more of a work boat style with less amenities than their traditional 21' Bass boat. Nice boat 42K, 20k less than the Bass Boat. Not as nice a the CD23 but good value for the money. Not sure how it performs but looked nice.

24 Hardtop - YouTube
Was that 42K with a motor? If so...What make & size HP was it can I ask?

sneakypete

Lieutenant
Boat Make
16' skiff & 25' BHM Seaworthy
The web site shows the 24 with a 115 Mercury. The one that I was looking at in Baltimore had a 115 Honda on it. The factory rep that I was talking to said they recommend 115 or 150 hp and will put on whatever make you choose.

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport
Wow...That's an insane price! I am not a fan of Mercury engines (owned 2 Mariners in my life & it wasn't the greatest experience) I wonder how much more would a Honda BF150 cost?

Funny...It states an 8'6" beam but the boat looks much smaller then the Crowley-Beal 23' to me! Seems like the cuddy is much smaller, as does the deck space. How can that be considering the Seaway is a 1' longer & the same beam?

http://www.seawayboats.com/index.php?view=model_detail&id=6&model_id=6

Last edited:

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport
I went down to the Marshfield, MA. (south shore) Seaway dealer this morning & took a few pics. He is the only dealer that had a 24' Hardtop in stock (McShane Yacht Sales) I like it a lot. It's tapers-in more towards the transom then the Crowley-Beal 23' does, so you lose a little more deck space. Nice boat for the money! Enjoy the pics!

Update: I cannot upload the pics to this forum. Maybe they are too big!

Top Bottom