Seaworthy 28 BHM Information.

Thedryfunny1

Commander
Boat Make
Shamrock
Hi all. I am looking to purchase a 28' Seaworthy (BHM). As I am in the beginning phases of my purchase decision I am still open on purchasing new or used. I am hoping for some feedback from the DE lovers. (I am not really looking for the pros and cons between manufactures as I am pretty set on the Seaworthy).

I suppose the big question is: What should I look look for? Known issues, etc... I don't think I want anything much older than 2000. As far as the vessels handling characteristics I believe I read all I could read until my eyes went blurry. Interesting enough I read a post on here where welding fins to the rudder helps with the performance. That's something I do not understand if someone can explain that would be appreciated.

I believe I had read somewhere that the floors are glass over wood. Is there the typical issues in the "recreational" boats with the glass over wood floors? Are newer models fabricated with solid or cored floors?

It seems like the engine of choice is the 315 Yanmar which will push her comfortably at 18 knots (I am sure there will be lot's to say over engine choice).

What kind of price should I be looking to pay between used and new? I know a lot depends on condition, equipment and of course the sky is the limit with new. Does anyone know the base cost of a new 28 Seaworthy?

I have been searching the Internet up and down and I have not been able to find contact information for Steve Law. Does anyone have contact details for Steve?
I would like to have a discussion with Steve regarding new options and also how to determine if a boat was completed by him compared to being a kit boat and completed by the owner.

I have seen the "Grey Fox" advertised around and on yacht world. The vessel looks beautiful and has all the bells and whistles but seems a little pricey at 92,500 for a 2002. (No offense here as I am just trying to get a feel for pricing). It looks like the "Fair Tide" was advertised for a much lower price with very similar options beside engine manufacturer and bow thruster. Does anyone know what the Fair Tide sold for?

Is there anyone thinking of selling their 28 Seaworthy? The vessel would be used for inshore recreation fishing with 6 plus trips to the Hudson from LI per year.

Thanks.

Roger.

Paidia

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Seaworthy 28
I have a 2010, be happy to show it to you or take you for a ride in a month or so out of Salisbury.
KC 978-270-6278

Dave Wynn

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
H&H 32 Desperado
The guy you have to talk to is Steve Law he is the builder of the 28 BHM (Seaworthly) Boats. Steve help me out when I was in the market for a boat, he basicly pointed me to a used boat instead of a new one builted by him. He knows his boats and whats out there for sale. He's a stand up guy !!!!! Not much else to say 978-270-6566

Muscie

Commander
Boat Make
36 Flowers finished by Cape Island, 2014 ; 645 QSM11
I owned one form 2002 to 2012 (11 seasons ) & it was great. I had 370 Yanmar.
fished the east end of LI to BI & CT very comfotably w/ 4.

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
31' Eastern w/John Deere 6076 AFM30
Steve builds beautiful boats and I am sure with a call to him he would answer all your questions. If you are looking for a used boat and not sure if Ronnie is serious but I know not only will your feet stay dry but his rebuild was top notch and the boat is in excellent condition.

Dave

ledslingr

Lieutenant
Ronnie, what are u looking for for ur boat. Not to appear ignorant, but what engine do u have in her? Any pics.

Thanx Ledslingr

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

FVSD

Lieutenant Commander
I have a question why aren't more Seaworthy 28' built with with a centerline hatch to go below where you just step on the engine box?

image.jpg

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.
Top Bottom