Seeking info on a diesel or propane hot water heater

5akman

Commander
Website
www.alldrinsalmon.com
Boat Make
40' Snowball gillnetter
We are going to start doing some light processing (head/gut/roe recovery) on our Alaska gillnetter this summer. To meet permitting requirements, I need to have a hot water heater on board for use at a hand wash sink. Needs 120 degree heat within XX minutes of turning on the faucet. I don't have a genny or propane onboard so, does anyone make a diesel fired hot water heater? If not, propane would be my second choice.

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
Find a heat exstanged one that runs off the cooling side of the main we have a home made one on the dragger i fish on it will get 160+ in sec

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
That alaskan DEC sucks with all their stupid rules !!! I went thru sort of the same thing with them so i could sell/transport shrimp. If i wanted to sell off the boat no permits needed BUT if i wanted to sell out of my truck it was a shitload of different rules ??? Now they called it processing and i needed to keep records of how many PPM of disinfectant i used, covered "processing station", what bags i was using for packing the shrimp in and on and on !!! But if i sold off the boat well i could stack the shrimp on a seagull shit covered piling and that was fine !!! Government sucks !!! Good luck dealing with them !!

5akman

Commander
Website
www.alldrinsalmon.com
Boat Make
40' Snowball gillnetter
I know, it a train load of BS. All I want to do is H&G onboard so that I pay less at the processing plant as all they'll be doing is filleting and vac bagging. I also get the benefit of getting the roe and I've got some guys down here in CA who want hundreds of pounds for bait. First year it will be a "wash" in terms of cost vs savings but I think consecutive years it will work in my favor.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I know, it a train load of BS. All I want to do is H&G onboard so that I pay less at the processing plant as all they'll be doing is filleting and vac bagging. I also get the benefit of getting the roe and I've got some guys down here in CA who want hundreds of pounds for bait. First year it will be a "wash" in terms of cost vs savings but I think consecutive years it will work in my favor.

I don't think you need to deal with the DEC if all your going to do is H&G.

5akman

Commander
Website
www.alldrinsalmon.com
Boat Make
40' Snowball gillnetter
I don't think you need to deal with the DEC if all your going to do is H&G.

Good news, found out yesterday that if I gill and gut, as opposed to head and gut, I don't need to follow any of the DEC mandates. And, if I do roe recovery for bait use as opposed to human consumption, then I'm good to go also!

Top Bottom