Setting up a center console w/ a new outboard

jmk

Ensign
I've been looking for an open work skiff -18' to 22'. I've seen a lot of nice boats, but the outboards on them are often in pretty rough shape. Any thoughts on a good motor for this type of rig and what it might cost installed?

Speed is not the biggest issue- I'll be working inshore oyster farming.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 268 Islander, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

mainely boats

Captain
I've been looking for an open work skiff -18' to 22'. I've seen a lot of nice boats, but the outboards on them are often in pretty rough shape. Any thoughts on a good motor for this type of rig and what it might cost installed?

Speed is not the biggest issue- I'll be working inshore oyster farming.
Before I closed my brokerage I had a oyster boat for sale, just thought I'd shoot you a picture...brand new. I'm not looking to sell it to you, just hook you up if you should have any interest.

056.jpg

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 268 Islander, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

jmk

Ensign
Before I closed my brokerage I had a oyster boat for sale, just thought I'd shoot you a picture...brand new. I'm not looking to sell it to you, just hook you up if you should have any interest.
I like that boat. What type of gear is that boat set up for? I'm hoping to use floating cages (something like the oyster ranch system). Most of the guys I've seen use regular center console downeasters or carolina skiffs. How specialized is it? How big? What does it draw? What kind of engine?

mainely boats

Captain
I like that boat. What type of gear is that boat set up for? I'm hoping to use floating cages (something like the oyster ranch system). Most of the guys I've seen use regular center console downeasters or carolina skiffs. How specialized is it? How big? What does it draw? What kind of engine?
It was built for exactly what your doing floating cages, delivered, and repoed...I'm not sure where the specs are. Give me a call at the shop and I'll give you what info I have on it and hook you up with the builder 207-563-7404. Leave me a message and I'll call you right back.

Top Bottom