Shipping out to Boston!

clearcan

Lieutenant
First Name
Rob
Boat Make
Starwind 19
Are you taking the Downeaster (Amtrak) into town? They had some great rates recently.

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
Get lunch at Faneuil Hall for the whole Boston tourist visit.

Mike's in the North End for a sweet snack with your sweetey to finish up the day.

Enjoy!

clearcan

Lieutenant
First Name
Rob
Boat Make
Starwind 19

Dslpwr

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
35' Mitchell Cove, 13’ Whaler
It’s a great experience, I took Ernest Libby Jr there once when we went to do some warranty work on one of his builds. I didn’t tell him where we where going I just pulled up to the Navy yard and said you have to check out this Wooden boat. He talked about that beauty the whole ride hone!

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
I have been refreshing myself on her history. I can’t wait to stand where great men have stood.
No laser targeting or machine guns. No electricity or diesel power. Just the wind and will power. Not going to lie…I may get chocked up when I go onboard.
Below decks you won't be standing....

Pitou

Commander
First Name
Kevin
Boat Make
'06 Albin 31 TE
When I first saw the topic of this thread, I thought you were off to see the "Drop Kick Murphys", but shipping out to see Old Ironsides, even better! Old Ironsides has been my favorite since my youth. Jerry, you'll love it.

I first visited with the Cub Scouts in '68, talked my parents into bringing me back in '72 when I decided to do a school report on it and then saw her under sail at the first Sail Boston in the late 70's with some of my rascal buddies when my parents let me take the 17 ft. family Boston Whaler for the ride from Essex, MA to see the parade .. what were they thinking! Found my way to see her one other time and am ready to head back again.

She's a great piece of American history that will really bring you back to another time of courage and valor, Enjoy.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

Pitou

Commander
First Name
Kevin
Boat Make
'06 Albin 31 TE
Oh hey all the above are good places to go but right in the square ( Faneuil hall) Sam Adams Oyster house is the place to go for history and good oysters. They use the same oyster bar they had when they built the place. Yeah if old Cap John is there tell him Mud said hi !!.
Yup, the "Union Oyster House", my favorite too, ordering a bowl of "bench stew" made with freshly shucked oysters while sitting at that old semi-circular bar while having cold draughts of Sam. Used to talk horse racing with John back in the days of Old Suffering Downs. The Oyster House is an old favorite.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

Old Mud

Admiral