Shut down cable on 6bt.

Shamrock Fisher

Lieutenant
Boat Make
26ft Shamrock/6BT 210hp Cummins
I am wanting to install a manual fuel shutdown cable on my 210 cummins with a lucas pump. I have not been able to figure out the bracket situation. Is there a special bracket to mount on the pump to hold the cable in place like the one for the throttle? Thanks, Andy

traditions

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 Holland
I'm not sure what you have for a pump,rotary or inline,but on the inline pumps you have to energize the solenoid to run.I think on the rotary pump there are two wires on the back that control the fuel shut off.I don't think you can put a manual shut off with the electric solenoids.You could wire a kill switch like on a water craft with a tether.

Shamrock Fisher

Lieutenant
Boat Make
I have a rotary pump. All I have to do is pull the plunger out of the fuel solenoid and it will run constant until I kill it with the manual shut off lever on top of the pump. I have had trouble with the solenoid and want to delete it and use the manual lever. Andy

traditions

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 Holland
You could buy a cable mount for a control cable and make a mount for it.I used to have twine and some pulleys on my old 671 GM.The twine went from under the deck , up thru the bulkhead and down under the wash rail to the stern.I remember a friends dodge truck that the solenoid had broken and he had a 3 foot piece of brazing rod stuck out thru the grill.

Shamrock Fisher

Lieutenant
Boat Make
I took the plunger out of the solenoid and put it back in. I now shut it down with a piece of nylon cord. It works.

hatterasser

Lieutenant
Boat Make
33 uniflite (old capt gig), 26 shamrock, 15 skiff, 21 beach dory
I took apiece of old fuel line 1/4 or 3/8 bout 4-5"split it put the cable in it and wire tiedto my injector lines.no slip no chafe been good for 5 6 yrs took some pix today but can't get em on here

Shamrock Fisher

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Thanks for the idea, I've been looking it over and that sounds like about my only option with this rotary pump.

hatterasser

Lieutenant
Boat Make
33 uniflite (old capt gig), 26 shamrock, 15 skiff, 21 beach dory
I'm using a regular shut off pull switch like you buy in napa cable is already in ajacket

Shamrock Fisher

Lieutenant
Boat Make
I got a Teleflex 33 push/pull kit from a local marine supply store. Worked out good. Thanks for the ideas. Andy

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
I am wanting to install a manual fuel shutdown cable on my 210 cummins with a lucas pump. I have not been able to figure out the bracket situation. Is there a special bracket to mount on the pump to hold the cable in place like the one for the throttle? Thanks, Andy

Andy,

Here ya go, shut down cable.

Cable shut down--CAV Pump.jpg

Top Bottom