Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
John,

I really appreciate you taking the time out to make an additional post with the compliments. It was tough finding the perfect solution for the right price and took some time and research, but I'm just really happy that I could get you into the Simrad system for the price of some of the lesser systems that don't have the support or sophisticated Rate Gyro compass needed for our latitudes. Thanks again for the business, it was a pleasure and alot of fun working with you on this project.

Chris

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Wharf Rat

Forum Sponsor
Website
Boat Make
OPB
Backman: The Remote Control that I gave to WoundUp was the WR20 Remote Commander - It operates via Class 1 Bluetooth, with a range of 100M. It was originally built to be able to control any SimNet Pilot, the RS8x series of VHFs, as well as the CX NavStation. Now it pretty much controls just the pilot.

TunaFishHKG: The FU35 will not, unfortunately, work with the AC12/AC42. The new FU80/QS80/NFU80 series have replaced the FU35/FU50 units, however I'd have to double check their full compatibility, as I've only used them on the AC70 computer. I'll find out for you before I stick my foot in my mouth.

tunafishhkg

Captain
Boat Make
35 Duffy
Backman: The Remote Control that I gave to WoundUp was the WR20 Remote Commander - It operates via Class 1 Bluetooth, with a range of 100M. It was originally built to be able to control any SimNet Pilot, the RS8x series of VHFs, as well as the CX NavStation. Now it pretty much controls just the pilot.

TunaFishHKG: The FU35 will not, unfortunately, work with the AC12/AC42. The new FU80/QS80/NFU80 series have replaced the FU35/FU50 units, however I'd have to double check their full compatibility, as I've only used them on the AC70 computer. I'll find out for you before I stick my foot in my mouth.

Thanks!! but no need to use up your valuable time since I am not ready to upgrade yet and at the price of the FU80, I would design a simple toggle switch since I have a selonoid system and use the stern controls only for GBFT. Back feed voltage to ac 12 processor would be main concern? If so can use relays to prevent damage.
Thank you appreciate your advice!!

backman

Captain
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
follow up question on this:

The WR20 sounds just what I am looking for - what instrumentation is needed for the existing AP26 system - a bluetooth receiver modue plugged into the AP26 computer brain?

Wharf Rat

Forum Sponsor
Website
Boat Make
OPB
follow up question on this:

The WR20 sounds just what I am looking for - what instrumentation is needed for the existing AP26 system - a bluetooth receiver modue plugged into the AP26 computer brain?

Backman,

The WR20 comes with it's own SimNet based Bluetooth charger/basestation, and the basestation connects right into the SimNet joiner. Simple as that.

I have to head into work now, but if you have any other questions just give me a call at the office some time after 9AM EST, I have to set my guys up first and will be available after that.

Last edited:

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
31' Eastern w/John Deere 6076 AFM30
Install

John,

You running the YB down to New Rochelle for the install, if so I am in. Actually I am guessing you are doing the install yourself. I will be up your way the weekend of the 27th and can do the hand off if you are home. I will be headed to Rockland.

Good Luck with the AP

Dave

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland
Top Bottom