Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Prdlobster

Commander
Ronnie...I have an AP35 that runs off a Furuno satellite compass and sometimes a seagull will land on the satellite antenna and I'll get the "compass data missing" message. Then I have to switch compass modes to my magnetic until it flys away. I'm wondering if you added anything to the boat that maybe is interfering/throwing the compass off a bit? I'm not familiar with the AP24 but could it be on the wrong compass mode?

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Prdlobster

Commander
The sat compass allows us to tie into the radar too and take advantage of ARPA tracking. The antenna is up in the mast rigging and looks similar to an old flat seawatch TV antenna. The guts are mounted under the the dash in the wheelhouse. I'm not really familiar with how it all works...just how to operate it.

Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
We've done literally over 150 Simrad pilots, and it wasn't until the past two weeks that I've seen this No Compass Data on two seperate boats. Try this first:
Go to Menu
Then User Setup
Then Sources
Then Auto-Select

I've seen it correct the problem each time, but if it doesn't find the RC42, then you have either a failed compass, or possible the internal wires of the compass are not stripped back enough and the WEGO connector is pressed up against the sheath of the wires.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website