simrad Go7 or Go9

FullMonty

Lieutenant
First Name
Brandon
Boat Make
General Marine
Looking at getting a simrad Go7 or Simrad Go 9 as a second unit to replace an old NSE8. This would be linked up with a NSS Evo3 12”. I’m just curious on the map options that Garmin offers (Cmap Pro, Cmap Discover, Base Map). I’m not technically savvy and just don’t want to buy the wrong thing and regret it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Brandon

fordy

Commander
Make sure it has nmea plug in the back. Some smaller models don't until you get into 9+ inch display

Dpstanley2000

Ensign
First Name
Dwight
I have a Go7 and an Evo3 12". I don't think you can link those 2 together. I could be completely wrong. I run them separately. I do have a 12" iPad I connect to the Evo 3 via bluetooth. I have a mount for it on the back of the house. It works ok--sometimes the connection fails and without a power chord it sucks down the battery. The iPad allows you to use the features of the Evo 3. If it turns out that the Go series can be connected to the EVO let me know.

P18Flirt

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
Pointer 18 / BHM 28

FullMonty

Lieutenant
First Name
Brandon
Boat Make
General Marine
Thanks for the responses. I’ll look it up now.

bettylovesfishing

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User
First Name
Joe
Boat Make
novi

FullMonty

Lieutenant
First Name
Brandon
Boat Make
General Marine
I have a Go 9 unit I put in this winter. I'm happy with the operation of the unit.....however the plastic screen cover provided with this unit fits terribly and was not designed well. Its so difficult to take the cover off that when you pull on it the frame around the screen pulls off with it. I went ballistic and called Simrad and they sent me another cover that fits the same way. Not good. Went back to West Marine where I bought the unit and they didn't help either. My suggestion to you is to open the box first and see how the cover fits first before you pay for it. Maybe they fixed this by now. For this reason alone I would have bought something else.
I have noticed that the screen covers do fit really tight. My Garmin units on another boat fit a lot better.

Top Bottom