Sisu 22 Outboard Fuel Consumption

iqcraig

Ensign
Boat Make
1986 Sisu 22 Bass Boat O/B
Just bought this 1986 Sisu 22, going to pick it up tomorrow. The boat is in amazing condition, a true testament to how long a well built and well cared for boat can last. Boat still has original gelcoat with a nice shine.

Anyone know what I can expect for average fuel consumption with a 115 HP 2-stroke? The previous owner said she cruises at 20 mph. Previous owner also the boat weighs about 3000 lbs. Really excited to get her in the water and take her for a spin.

August+2011+007.JPG

sisu22.jpg

August+2011+017.JPG

August+2011+011.JPG

dogtagger

Lieutenant
Website
www.acadiafishingcharters.com
Boat Make
H&H 32 Osmond, 22 Sisu
I have one of the older style hull full house 22s with a 115 Johnson on it. With the right prop it will do about 26 knots wide open. It burns 7-8 gallons per hour at full throttle. I think a 115 horse engine is just right for that boat. Any faster and it gets pretty squirley. Your hull is probably more stable with the molded lifting rails, so your fuel numbers might be different.

JimRP31

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Willis Beal/RP 31
I also have an older one as well with a 4s115. I am not sur gph but I switched to a 4 blade prop and it made a huge difference

cobia23

Commander
First Name
Paul
So your the one who beat me to it!!! haha, I'm jealous but wish you the best of luck, its a great looking boat.

iqcraig

Ensign
Boat Make
So your the one who beat me to it!!! haha, I'm jealous but wish you the best of luck, its a great looking boat.

Cobia, sorry that you missed out; I am sure there will be others. As of Thursday morning, the seller said he already had about 15 people interested by email and 5 scheduled to come see it Friday-Saturday. I went to an ATM to get cash and started driving...

dogtagger

Lieutenant
Website
Boat Make
H&H 32 Osmond, 22 Sisu
By the way, my boat is going to get a major overhaul in the next year or two. I'm going to be looking hard at repowering with a Suzuki 90 or some other similar size 4 stroke. The boat doesn't need a lot of power, and fuel economy will be a much bigger issue than speed.

iqcraig

Ensign
Boat Make
By the way, my boat is going to get a major overhaul in the next year or two. I'm going to be looking hard at repowering with a Suzuki 90 or some other similar size 4 stroke. The boat doesn't need a lot of power, and fuel economy will be a much bigger issue than speed.

Have you thought about the Evinrude E-tec? They seem popular in the 90 hp size range.

dogtagger

Lieutenant
Website
Boat Make
H&H 32 Osmond, 22 Sisu
I may take a look at some of the new 2 strokes, but I really want to get away from the oil. As far as I know Suzuki is the only engine with a timing chain rather than belt, and they are a bit lighter than some of the others. I haven't really done the homework yet, so I'm keeping all options open for now...

JimRP31

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Willis Beal/RP 31
Sisu

Dogtagger,

I did a refit last spring, you can see my thread here http://downeastboatforum.com/downeast-projects-boat-building/sisu-refit-1721.html
This spring I am replacing the rub rails, touching up the paint and updating my battery boxes/location. Minor compared to last year. My SISU has a Johnson 115 4S which is a Suzuki under the covers, it is a great engine. I think you will feel under powered with a 90. I would look at 115 or even 130HP. I do not know my GPH but my boat sips gas. Not sure were you live but if you want to come out for a test drive to see how my SISU performs with the 115 you are welcome too. Just send me a PM.

Good Luck with the refit.

Top Bottom