Sisu 22 trailer

ST1959

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Sisu 22
I would like to know what trailer to get for 22 Sisu IB. Any suggestions?
Thanks, ST :rolleyes:

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Any trailer company will make you a trailer. It's a standard trailer with extension arms for the bunks. Did you buy that 22 you asked me about?

ST1959

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Sisu 22
Thanks

No, I went to look at it though. really, it was very nice. Guy did not want to let me sea trial it. It had a brand new 350 5.7 Mercriuser that is much heavier than the original. He had also re-built the decks. I wanted to see how the boat sat and how it ran under power. I wanted to see how the scuppers worked as well. Anyway, I am still looking. No sea trial, no boat!
I offered to pay the cost of the trial but he declined.

I found a 22 on the Maine CL last night. It sounds really nice but no trailer.
I am waiting to hear back from the owner.
I appreciate your help.

ST

longislander89

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
23 seacraft
Good call. I would never buy a boat without a sea trial. Hard to imagine what the seller could be thinking to refuse, and you were paying too.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Strange to say the least. How fast did he say it was?

ST1959

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Sisu 22
Speed

I just heard form him last night. He agreed to a sea trial. :p

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Good, out of curiosity what speeds is he claiming the boat does?

ST1959

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Sisu 22
Speed

He has not been specific. Just said that it flies!!

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
15 knots is my guess. Might go like hell on the pins but you won't be able to control it.

ST1959

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Sisu 22
Motor

Do you feel this motor is not a good fit for the hull?

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
I feel it to much engine. It's a 15 knot hull with an inboard, anything over that it gets out of control. This is the reason I sold the small block that was on the one I have now and bought a 4cyl, I feel I will have the same cruise either way so why not get rid of a bunch of weight up forwards. This is just my feeling not 100% proven facts. That motor will be fine as long as the boat sits ok but you probably will not use the power.

No Wahalla

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Sisu 22
Sisu Trailer

Great thread. I was faced with this same situation a few years ago when I purchased a 1979 Sisu 22 from New London Ct and had to return it to my home on the south shore of Long Island. I ended up buying a largish double axel bunk trailer and then a kit from a trailer retailer to raise the bunks (Install new larger and longer bunks) to allow for the keel and such to fit. I then installed keel rollers after the boat was placed on the trailer and could see where they needed to go. I simply jacked the boat up and did this. Its not the perfect set up by any means but it did also not break the bank. all and all it soct me about 2k and I have a very heavy duty trailer tghat can accept most boats. I have since used it a few times to pick up the boat and return it home after she was displaced by Sandy. My Sisu is a little heavier than avg due to the insallation of a 77 hp Mercedes Diesel from an older 300 D car. We dont fly but do a solid 9 kts and burn up to a Gal of fuel per hr. Ill take it!! Do any of you know if the older inboard Sisu's can swing a 14" or greater prop? I think i might be able to squeeze another knot or two out of her with a bigger size. Right now I have a 13".
Cheers and see you out there

tunamojo

Rear Admiral
Lite User
Website
Www.wickedweasel.com
Boat Make
Holland 32

Capttony

Lieutenant
Boat Make
22'sisu diesel 16' delano skiff