Sisu 30

James4

Lieutenant
Looking at a Sisu 30 to buy....set up very nicely in yacht finish...yanmar 260 hp turbo with 300 hours but....no bow thruster and concerned it will be too slow...

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Hooper

Captain
Bow thrusters? We don't need no stinkin' bow thrusters!!!

No, but seriously, you don't need one. Once you spend time with her easing her around the docks you'll be fine.

I've never used one and think I'd get all balled up if I tried to, I'm generally good for one thing at a time, Lol!

I know the boat you are looking at, she's a beauty. 14kts would be fine with me, it will be cheap to run and the ride will be a good one wherever you decide to go.

Welcome to the forum.

Robo

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
1985 31' BHM
30 Sisu

I have a 30 Sisu set up yacht like with a bow thruster. 653 detroit.
It's on Yachtworld. Was posted here back in July I think.

Robo

James4

Lieutenant
Can u send me the ad...can t find it on yacht world....where is the boat?

James4

Lieutenant
SISU 30 for sale

I don t think this is the one Robo speaks of below.

Question:why do some Sisu 30 s have an engine box yet the one I am looking at does not .... The engine is under the floor in the cabin...

The hull from the pics looks exactly the same

Surfishingboy

Commander
How do these boats compare to other boats in its size class? Interested in taking a look at one just scared of the cored hulls!

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
The 30 Sisu is a fine boat. They are in fact cored above & below the water line. It is important that a careful hull inspection is done around all thru hull fittings to make sure no water has entered. If all was done correctly then move on. A 260 Yanmar will push a 30 Susi easily to 15-16 knots on the cruise. Good power for the boat.

sween

Lieutenant
Boat Make
35' Eastern
i have a 30ft Sisu as well without the yacht finish, she has a DD 453 that sips fuel and pushes it along at 10kts, they dont need alot of power due in part to there narrow beam to length ratio. also ones of this era are framed with wood, good fir mostly but you should look over for any de-lamination in frames, engine bed and deck.

James4

Lieutenant
Thank you. Any thoughts on the best way to find a marine surveyor?

Also I am curious about why some I see have an engine box but the one I am looking at the engine is below the floor which is nice

sween

Lieutenant
Boat Make
35' Eastern
maybe one of the builders on forum can tell you better about engine box question, i can say there is fair amount of room in the bilge for a good size diesel such as an older DD, with the newer, smaller, lighter engines such as the Yanmars i can see it could be flush with sole. if you IM me i can send you a name of a reputable surveyor out of Fairhaven, otherwise ask around and/or look for professional accreditation such as SAMS, ABYC designation, there is no license that i know of.

jerseysportfisher

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bertram 33SF
Should I be concerned about the coded hull...

thats why you get a highly recommended surveryor or FG repair guy familiar with the boat and pay him to check it out. If all fittings were bedded correctly and there is no water intrusion to the balsa, cored hulls can make for an exceptionally stiff boat, with decent weight savings.

Top Bottom