SiTex EC5EF install

Flying Finn

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Sisu
Bought this unit new to put in e-box. The manual shows a power switch in the wiring typical. Wondering if it is the pwr switch on the unit itself, or do I need a separate switch on the console, and it doesn't show where the in-line fuse goes. I ran 12 volts from the console to a terminal block in the e-box. Looking for any ideas.

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
I installed the EC7 on my boat. A very pretty machine. Great picture. But boy is it hard to work...& the book is a loser. But all in all a nice unit.
The inline fuse goes on the + leg of the power cord. The unit has its own power button, so there is no need for a separate one on the panel. The big things with these machines is starting the boat with the unit on. In some cases like on my boat it can spike the unit. Therefore I installed a start-guard on unit. This allows me to start the boat with the unit on.

Picture 047.jpg

Flying Finn

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Sisu
Si-Tex EC5FE Install

Thanks, I was a little confused about the schematic showing the "GPS switch" but now I will not need to run more wires in the already crowded chace between the panel and the e-box. My next task will be to splice the AWG 28 wires from the smart sensor cable to the quick disconnect cable, I'm thinking about using the heat shrink butt splices if I can find them that small.

Members online

Top Bottom