Skirts!

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
I was going to post this under the Mermaid of the Day but decided its better suited here.

I used to go ashore and watch the girly's dance but then swore off that when I had a daughter. So now I go ashore to these tackle store's and look at these selection of skirts they have here on these pacific islands, Guam and Saipan, etc.

See where I am we dont get these selections but here the walls are covered and displays are filled with jetheads, plastic heads and everything inbetween. The best thing is the prices are far less than Meltons however the quality of the head is gotto be the difference. I'm swimming them behind the hull everday just to see how they WEAR without hooks as we have no way real of getting them in, maybe a couple will get a hook for just the story.

Amazed at how many different variations of purple they are, by far my favorite color. It also interesting to see the different between Yo-zuri skirts, Yamashita and then home made ones on the island. Prices are less than we pay at home by a half a dollar or so but hands on matching the skirts is so much better than a color chart online. I have to imagine its like buying a catalog bride, what you see and what you get are not always the same thing.

We'll since I can't fish right now, figure I'd share this story...

Pricewise I'm putting these together for about $10 less than Meltons in each size with the double skirt. Dying to see how they hold up... If anything just going to fill up on skirts!!!

Oh yeah, at the end of the night your still covered in glitter either way... Thankfully I have two offices, one in the engine room and one in my stateroom so I can just keep the important fishing stuff there... Thank you STCW for time off!

photo (2).jpg

photo (3).jpg

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Really??????? I just must have some crappy stores by me then... and of course the selection... its all in the adventure...

Last edited:

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
I would think there would be some better deals than Melton's on the internet, but that is an impressive amount of stock there.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
I'd be all over the shell squids like a fat kid on a twinkie... All Octopus so far... LOL Tightlines Tackle's has always had them for me... Wonder what color people need this year...

Top Bottom