Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

starrfish

Commander
Boat Make
35 duffy
the duffy i have now used be drivin by nick and pete (the old joann).. was a stickboat.. those guys were true top performers.
the herring choker was another boat that was around the island for a while and owned by c. sykes.
awesome video !

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
I have heard that Nicky was a good harpooner but I am guessing that the thing above him with the wings was helpful.

reelyankee

Lieutenant
Not sure if he clammed in Florida,I think he might of. He fished commercially in St Maarten, sea clammed on Long Island, tuna fished in California to name a few.

pugsley

Captain
Not sure if he clammed in Florida,I think he might of. He fished commercially in St Maarten, sea clammed on Long Island, tuna fished in California to name a few.

pretty sure it was the same guy, always wore a tuna hat

starrfish

Commander
Boat Make
35 duffy
if you ever met nick you definetly would remember him.. im 6`1" and he made my neck sore looking up to talk to him ! a really good guy though.
another boat he ran was "three graces" outa chatham

Aloop

Commander
I could of been one of the kids on the dock in the video. Norman, in the plane, gave me a stack of photos to use for a High school report on Bluefin tuna, some of the pics of them unloading the fish using his tow truck. Peter, Nick's partner, use to hunt with us, told me of using the gun and offered me a job twice.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Aloop

Commander
When running the Joann, they would throw then toss the whole rig out, setup another rig, throw and toss, setup, throw and toss. They would hit several fish in he same school without stopping. A 2nd boat would follow them pulling in the rig filling that boat then filling the Joann.

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
Wow good find! The true "heyday" of tuna fishing, would have loved to experience it. Not a single rod holder on that boat a true stick boat love it!

Top Bottom