Small below the water line repairs

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Website
www.fishreaction.com
Boat Make
RP35
I was just curious what other people do for small gelcoat repairs underwater... I realize there are about more than a dozen ways to do this.

I'm talking about just repairing pin holes, scratches and other small items that get coated with bottom paint.

I used to just use Interlux Watertite and then cover it with bottom paint but thinking that may have not been the best idea. I just really liked it because of thickness of repairs it can cover and easy of use. I know the directions say to cover it, protect etc.

Anyone ever use 3M premium marine filler?

Last edited:

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Website
www.fishreaction.com
Boat Make
RP35
See I use gelcoat to repair the gelcoat repairs above the waterline where I can see, but I hate adding filler, then filling in the small hole, etc. I'm not a pro with it but far from an amateur! I had a friend teach me how to gelcoat match a couple of years ago and its the best thing I've learned in a while. When something is to be covered with bottom paint, I just figure slap one thing, one time and be done. All input is appreciated.

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
Most of my scratches go from below the waterline to above it, so it's easier just to do the whole thing. Bottom paint gets taken down to the gelcoat each year anyways, easy peasy

Top Bottom