Small boat clam dredge

Barnstable Seafood Co.

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Jake
Full chain bag? why no webbing on top half? Dredging over seeded beds?
Net would wear out way too fast, I’ve never seen a clam dredge with mesh on the bags. Lots of guys don’t have bags just big cages attached to the dredge. No these are not seeded beds, wild areas only.

Joshbel02

Captain
Website
www.allagashbuilders.com
Boat Make
Sonny Hodgeton/Wayne Beal
Well I think a couple gd old boys having fun…I was a little younger once. Id sit back and maybe absorb, have fun with it and tell them “I tided my pucker rope for you darlin”. Nice to see someone working…don’t get to see this much. These guys wanna like you way more then not like you…life’s too short my friend. Wish we had a fishery like that here…that would be a lot of fun.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

Barnstable Seafood Co.

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Jake
Well I think a couple gd old boys having fun…I was a little younger once. Id sit back and maybe absorb, have fun with it and tell them “I tided my pucker rope for you darlin”. Nice to see someone working…don’t get to see this much. These guys wanna like you way more then not like you…life’s too short my friend. Wish we had a fishery like that here…that would be a lot of fun.

Shellfish Committee 01-12-2022

I’m a busy, I don’t have time for random guys online busting my balls… period. I’m in this thread to discuss this fishery that I have personally started in my town and have a lot of interest in. If you don’t like how I talk to them keep it to your self. If you are interested in dredging please keep reading my friend.

Watch the link. Discussion starts at 10:50.

Back story: the Mills River was paved with tops, cherries, and chowders, all blunts. No seed. We tried to bull take it for a few years but it was just myself and tyler. We would get massive chunks of boring sponge caught in the teeth and the clams were so thick it was hard to get the rake in. It was a resource that was being wasted and taking up space for new sets. We had a year of discussion and guest speakers on the topic and one town relay where the town watched me harvest with the dredge in a closed area and replanted them. Last year I pulled the first quahog dredge in Barnstable for the first time ever after all the old timers laughed and told me “that will neeeevvveeerrr happen!” This video is where our town is at year two and our thoughts for the future.

ltdann

Lieutenant
Very interesting I clam in NY and they would never let us do anything like that here. No power at all just human power also is that a Dry Dredge?
Good luck.

ahiboatworks

Lieutenant

I’m a busy, I don’t have time for random guys online busting my balls… period. I’m in this thread to discuss this fishery that I have personally started in my town and have a lot of interest in. If you don’t like how I talk to them keep it to your self. If you are interested in dredging please keep reading my friend.

Watch the link. Discussion starts at 10:50.

Back story: the Mills River was paved with tops, cherries, and chowders, all blunts. No seed. We tried to bull take it for a few years but it was just myself and tyler. We would get massive chunks of boring sponge caught in the teeth and the clams were so thick it was hard to get the rake in. It was a resource that was being wasted and taking up space for new sets. We had a year of discussion and guest speakers on the topic and one town relay where the town watched me harvest with the dredge in a closed area and replanted them. Last year I pulled the first quahog dredge in Barnstable for the first time ever after all the old timers laughed and told me “that will neeeevvveeerrr happen!” This video is where our town is at year two and our thoughts for the future.

tumblr_mrjdkdiqMe1qdisd6o1_500.gif

Barnstable Seafood Co.

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Jake
Very interesting I clam in NY and they would never let us do anything like that here. No power at all just human power also is that a Dry Dredge?
Good luck.
Yes it’s a dry dredge. That’s exactly what everyone here told me, and now we are dredging. You would be surprised what a little effort and organization can do to help change your regulations.

yanmar

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
26 chesepeake 22 tripp
I remember when I was a young man , not much for advice but we all learn in the end . I know from first hand experience that life is too short to be miserable . NAMASTE

chrishmcguire777

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Bruno Stillman
I’m sorry your feelings are hurt you soft gental flower. Does someone need a hug from their momma?
Jack you are what is called a “troll” in Internet words.
Keep posting it’s funny to read. How do you feel on Gay marriage, COVID juice mandates, the election process, and of course race baiting. While your at it why not tell us the story of how the priest touched you.
Remember your very important and the louder you protest the more correct you are. All you need is for everyone to listen to you since you know the only correct way.

Barnstable Seafood Co.

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Jake
I remember when I was a young man , not much for advice but we all learn in the end . I know from first hand experience that life is too short to be miserable . NAMASTE
This group can’t stay on topic huh? This forum has turned into a joke.

Barnstable Seafood Co.

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Jake
Jack you are what is called a “troll” in Internet words.
Keep posting it’s funny to read. How do you feel on Gay marriage, COVID juice mandates, the election process, and of course race baiting. While your at it why not tell us the story of how the priest touched you.
Remember your very important and the louder you protest the more correct you are. All you need is for everyone to listen to you since you know the only correct way.
Let the gays get married, COVID vaccines obviously don’t work, I’m not sure what the benefits of the electoral college are for the citizens, and I have not heard the term “race baiting” so fill me in on that topic.

Other than that why are you in this thread? To talk shit to me or do you drag for hard shell?

Barnstable Seafood Co.

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Jake
I’m on here contributing to the topic, giving me a life lesson is counter productive to the conversation.

aweigh again

Commander
Boat Make
22 foot 1983 bass boat
I’m on here contributing to the topic, giving me a life lesson is counter productive to the conversation.
I think that a lot of people on this site appreciate someone who works in the fishing industry such as yourself because it adds to the wealth of overall knowledge that can be learned, but before you can be respected here ,or anywhere else in life ,you have to first show some respect.- respectfully from an old man lying on a couch.

Joshbel02

Captain
Website
www.allagashbuilders.com
Boat Make
Sonny Hodgeton/Wayne Beal
So I might have something to add…there are a lot of obstacles in this world to try and fish to make money. Look up Seacoast online (nh) fishing family act 464…I stuffed it up my neighbors ass. I remember being in that moment, I wasn’t perfect trust me. Someone telling me I wasn’t goin to have my gear in my yard…I grew up in Essex. Nuff said. I won easily and with class plus power but I remember the emotion, I kept my composure but I’m sure I was a peach. Barnstable reminds me of myself…everything ur saying gd and bad about him…I feel like I can relate. Maybe I’m getting soft but I’d like to see this go the other way…just a suggestion…I’ve seen and felt what he’s feeling. I also enjoy this forum more then anything else online.

Members online

Latest Posts

Top Bottom