Small tractor advice

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
Kubota’s kill switch is under the seat. If you stand up with the pto engaged or in gear the tr
I read about that one also. Thx

The Youtube channel mentioned that using fork tynes were challenging.

harpoon83

Captain
First Name
Colin
If its electronic then it can def. be fixed by plugging a laptop into it as a last resort. Sometimes for things like this they sell a little pig tail that you plug into the wiring harness somewhere and it will disable the feature.

Henry

Commander
Boat Make
Duffy 31
It is a button contact switch and would be easy to rewire, but why? It is there to protect the dumb people who shouldn’t be on a tractor any way!

harpoon83

Captain
First Name
Colin
Sorry! The tractor stops. It works well and keeps you safe and honest!
Safety is one thing, but if it prevents you from using the equipment the way that it is designed then that's a problem.

Some of the implements are designed to be used in reverse, such as the rear-mounted snowblower...how is locking out the PTO in reverse going to help anyone in that situation?

The seat lock-out I can understand being useful.

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
Safety is one thing, but if it prevents you from using the equipment the way that it is designed then that's a problem.

Some of the implements are designed to be used in reverse, such as the rear-mounted snowblower...how is locking out the PTO in reverse going to help anyone in that situation?

The seat lock-out I can understand being useful.
I think the reverse shut downs (its a complete engine shut down) logic is once fwd is selected it resets.

pembroke

Captain
Lite User
First Name
Russ

xbskt

Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
13 Whaler, 14 Salty Boats, 28 Crowley Beal, 36 Northern Bay. WTF!?!
Too much time on my hands right now.

Allow me to spend your money. Add a set of duals or go to high floatation tires. A mower deck and Bob's yer uncle!;)

jap201

Lieutenant
henry's right, the Kubota's kill switch is under the seat and weight sensitive. not a problem for most, but knew a lady (80sh lbs) that didn't deactivate the switch so the tractor wouldn't work for her :). but the tractor pto does work in reverse. at least on my vintage tractor, about 6yrs old. don't know if the lawyers got to kubota yet or not.

my 2650 has a mid pto, but I don't think it has a mid mower option. I cut the lawn with a 72" landpride. but I also have the turf tires. the mid mount pto allows the front blower which is nice in the winter

Crabboater

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Rick
Boat Make
MDI 30 / Farrin
FWIW: let me put in a plug for the Yanmar EX3200 in the CFT (compact farm tractor) category. I am in year 14 with mine. Part of the art of CFT selection is light enough to go over lawns and wet fields w/o creating deep ruts, yet heavy enough to push heavy snow in the winter. This 32HP diesel hits the balance for my 12 acres. Takes any std 3pt hitch. Rear PTO Std. Chains and 4wd a must. i went with non-ag non-turf tires and they work great.

apparently JD and Yanmar had a JV years back to produce a Yanmar powered, JFD built CFT - I think it was the JD Series 7. They had some type of corporate divorce and Yanmar brought in this one to compete. When I bought in 2008, the Yanmar was a much bigger bang for the buck than the similar spec Kubota (and Kubotas are good)

has lots of kill switches, but for me they seem to work only as designed, so i am grateful

disadvantage - more limited dealer network.

oh, and I hear that Yanmar company also makes some marine diesels, right? :)

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.woundupmarine.com
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
From the John Deere local shop regarding the RIO:

"This is true for both mid-point and rear.
We can't bypass it as it is a safety thing. However, you could if you wanted to although it is not recommended"

Pitou

Commander
First Name
Kevin
Boat Make
'06 Albin 31 TE
From the John Deere local shop regarding the RIO:

"This is true for both mid-point and rear.
We can't bypass it as it is a safety thing. However, you could if you wanted to although it is not recommended"
My 3032E is a 2013 and I sure am glad not to have that PITA "feature".

I can't imagine blowing snow in reverse with my rear PTO blower having to deal with playing the engage disengage game in repetition in a couple of areas that I clear. I'd bypass/disconnect that in a heart beat!

HARDTAIL

Commander
Lite User

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
Hi Dave,

A few years ago I purchased a Kubota BX23SLSB-T. It came as a package with the front bucket & rear backhoe. Everything is well thought out & attaches/comes off quickly. They have attachments for everything....forkl attachments, grapple etc. I have since gotten the 60" belly mower deck & rear PTO driven power bagger. Also got a front mounted PTO driven snowblower. This thing is slick for working around my properties. At the time I was looking at quality zero turns & or nice tractor/bagger setups....they were big $$$. I like to do the yardwork myself. The kubota with all the attachments was not cheap...but everything is quality built and really does a great job with mowing, snowblowing & having the option to use the loader and backhoe makes it a gamechanger. Let me know if you need more info.

I also have a larger Kioti tractor that I use up at my camp in VT...that has a 60" rear mounted snowblower for cleaning the driveway, yorkrake, brushhog for cutting the fields and trails etc...have had that about 12 years now & it has been great also. Just too big for the smaller properties. Have a Bobcat 873...it works well for our industrial work-related activities but is not well suited for usage around the house & properties when compared to the Kubota.

Reach out or call if you want to speak further.

Eric
Thanks Eric will do. Good info!

frobo.1

Lieutenant
Try Kubota . I’ve had one for years with a bucket, forks, belly mower, 3pt hitch bush hog, snow plow and snow blower. It ( and its attachments) are indestructible . You can’t go wrong
three years ago I was taking care of a hunting property for a friend of mine. He just bought a farm and needed some equipment. I did a price comparison for a 50 h.p. tractor with a mower, a bucket and tiller. It was an apple to apple comparison , Deere vs. Kubota and there was $10,000 difference ,Deere being the higher of the two. He bought the Kubota, nice tractor, quieter, and plenty of power.

Henry

Commander
Boat Make
Duffy 31
I found the exact same pricing when I bought my Kubota a few years ago. The Deere was more expensive across the board. And all the components ( ie. engine, alternator, transmission, hydraulic pump, etc are all made by Kubota

John Sprowl

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Boston Whaler, There is no substitute.
Nothing runs like a Deere. Everything is very well engineered and works as it should. Had a 1025 at my last property. Could remove the front R120 loader and connect the drive over mower deck in less than 5 minutes. The reverse lockout was a quick button push. I now have a much smaller lawn at my new home and purchased a JD 758. Still diesel and 4X4 with a drive over mower deck.

Top Bottom