So what did you get for the boat from Santa?

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
I actually got a few spreader bars and some rigs because my son made my wife go to the tackle shop rather then the mall for once :). My son got a survival suit because he'll start fishing offshore with us this season.

image.jpg

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
One day at a time Ronnie. Sorry to hear that. Personally I find a little joy in doing the things I did with people who have passed and remembering them while doing so. Lost my father (best friend, best man, business partner for 12 years) and grandfather within a couple years of eachother .

This year, and the last 8, my kids stole the show as well which is the way it should be - wife did get me a Gopro camera though. I probably spent about $35k in the last few months on the boat as it is...:eek:

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Nothing for the boat except plenty of questions........."Are YOU almost done working on the boat?" "Is it going in the water next year?" "Are you going to take us out in it?" "I miss going to Montauk." "I wanna go to Greenport",..............Groton Fireworks.................Sag Harbor...........Block Island! Remember that time at Three Mile when.........." Well, at least the thought is there. ;) The fact that family members enjoy the boat is a gift to me, and it has often helped me through cold winter days spent working in the bilge. Making memories is what it's all about in the first place, even though mine may be a bit different from theirs.............I remember when I split all my knuckles wide open trying to get that rudder post free........:-D

blackdiamond296

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Alan Johnson 28 w/ 260 Yanmar
The parents got me a pair of Bose sound canceling headphones (I do a bit of air travel for work so these will be put to good use), and the wife got me a mount of a 30 lbs golden tile I caught a few years ago.

And for you guys putting all your $$$ into the kids presents just know that there is light at the end of the tunnel- us kids teamed up this year- got Dad a GoPro and Mom a new MacBook Pro :D

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
A gallon of bottom paint for the boat - West Marine CPP

Gift card that will be used to buy a bigger prop...

However gave the g/f one of these. I am not an Iphone person but man what a sweet little device. Integrated battery with solar charger AND waterproof case to boot!

SNOW LIZARD SLXtreme Case for iPhone 5, Yellow at West Marine

jsakovits

Captain
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
My wife let me keep the money allocated for the new boat ! If only I could find one before she changes her mind.

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
My honey got me a tablet that snaps into a keyboard laptop thing. Windows 8. I havent figured out how to use it yet but it looks sweet! Lol

manni-yunk

Commander
Nothing. Nothing boat related, nothing fishing related, and nothing diving related. But thats Ok!!!

Like others, Christmas is now about my 3 little girls and it was awesome to watch them open their presents!!! They got a puppy and so many toys, my house is a plastic paradise.

Plus, with next years planned move of selling the Bertram and having the Provincial built - I dont want anything boat related that would go with the boat!

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
The parents got me a pair of Bose sound canceling headphones (I do a bit of air travel for work so these will be put to good use), and the wife got me a mount of a 30 lbs golden tile I caught a few years ago.

And for you guys putting all your $$$ into the kids presents just know that there is light at the end of the tunnel- us kids teamed up this year- got Dad a GoPro and Mom a new MacBook Pro :D

You'll enjoy those headphones flying especially when sitting next to a GE turbine whining away.
I had a pr. for 5 yrs.,just busted an ear off them before a flight.:(
My fault ;)

Top Bottom