soda blasting

harborguy

Lieutenant
Boat Make
34 webbers cove
had the boat soda blasted yesterday, came out real good for a 40 year old boat no blisters.

soda blast 002.jpg

soda blast 003.jpg

soda blast 005.jpg

soda blast 009.jpg

soda blast 012.jpg

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Harborguy... nice buddy.. im sure it feels nice to get 40 years of bottom paint off that old lady!.. What did the guy get per ft to do that? I was looking at doing that last year on a 23 wayne beal before I sold it..I was actually wondering if buying one of these rigs would be worth it. I did some reasearch and harbor freight tools sells the soda.. problem is is getting enough scfm as a little compressor would not do it.. I read on a bunch of forums that you need a really big rig (prob gas powered) to really have it do a good job..

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-soda-blaster.html

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Thinking about doing this to my boat this year? Anyone know of a good guy in SE Mass area? Thanks. Cost estimate too wouldn't be bad? I swear I used to see an ad for a guy in West Marine for it.

Sailorgp

Commander
Boat Make
Sisu 26
I had my 1985 Sisu 26 water blasted with volcanic ash two years ago for $1000. The operator put a mesh tarp on the ground which allowed the water to drain through but trapped the ash and 25 years worth of bottom paint. He then folded up the tarp and hauled away the mess. The bottom came out nicely abraded but still quite smooth. I followed in the spring with by rolling on 2 gallons of System 3 epoxy resin, 2 gallons in Interprotect and a gallon of ablative bottom paint.

Top Bottom