Somebody forgot to tell the boat industry' about inflation, the bear market, and recession fears

Roccus7

Admiral
Boat Make
2013 22' Eastern Lobsterman
Recession??? We don't care about no stinking recession!!!

The stupid rich folks buying up boats right now really don't have to worry about super sizing their next Micky D lunch. They'll continue to drive up the prices until they get tired of their floating toys, THEN the recession will hit the boating industry.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
1655563253730.png

Are you really going to listen to this and believe it? We all know that the thing above is NOT a boat. We all know that CONSUMERS are programmed to buy CRAP. That I believe. So glad I'm not a consumer! :p

Roccus7

Admiral
Boat Make
View attachment 136816

Are you really going to listen to this and believe it? We all know that the thing above is NOT a boat. We all know that CONSUMERS are programmed to buy CRAP. That I believe. So glad I'm not a consumer! :p
That photo is the reason we should be able to launch heat seeking torpedoes...

winterking

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Tom
Boat Make
26’ Duffy

Roccus7

Admiral
Boat Make
Yea,the goomba Bleach Bottles are hot for the dock lizzards.
As a 100% Italian American, all of my grandparents came through Ellis Island, I just LOVE the term, Goomba Bleach Bottles, and as a NY Lawnguylander, I immediately thought of one of the funniest YouTube videos ever, a large rafting of a bunch of Gayliners anchored in the Sore Thumb of Fire Island Inlet. There must have been over 12 of them, with only 2 or 3 anchors holding the raft, and most hands were on the beach partying...

As one with half of a nautical knowledge would guess, as soon as the tide started to run, that raft started to break up, much to the consternation of the folks on land, with multiple crys of "Oh GAWD!!" and men with golden chains and wife beater tee shirts running and trying to get to their boats. As my son once said, "Dad if stereotypes weren't so accurate, why are they so funny?" That video just creamed typical inexperienced NY LI Italian American boaters with good reason.

I couldn't find it a few years ago, but I'm going to see if I can find it again...

Last edited:

Quik Fix 16

Admiral
Boat Make
Shamrock
As a former L.I er myself I really appreciate the video. Grew up and raised my children in Massapequa, Nassau Shores. Spent many, many days at the sore thumb. That crowd is the perfect example of why I moved.

Top Bottom