First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

MikesMarine22

Captain
Boat Make
Holland 14, YB 33
I installed this on my engine box, definitely made a huge difference for my John Deere. I used 1 inch but I have been told the 2 inch works the best. It was worth the money for my application.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
The yachtsman deluxe with the vinyl barrier works good. Don't use the material without the vinyl barrier. The kit works good for installing the soundown material and makes for a neat installation on a motor box.

HappyHour

Commander
Boat Make
35' Mitchell Cove
One other thing to consider, look at turbo insulating blankets. If you do a google search for them, theres quite a few to choose from. Mostly asks for the make and size of your turbo.

It would cover just the turbo, not sure if it would affect performance, holding the heat in like that.

chortle

Captain
Boat Make
Herreshoff Coquina, 1972 Jarvis Newman 36, PT11
Give Soundown a call and tell them what you have and what your goals are, they will tailor a means to get you there, step by step if you want to do it a little at a time. They understand that their product is expensive but that when correctly applied, it works well. Make sure you have filled all gaps at hatch seams and wire conduit passages before you do anything, a lot of bang for the buck, they will tell you the same thing. 2" 2# is the best they offer, it works noticeably better than the 1# stuff. Also, attention to detail, how it is attached makes a big difference. Read their literature before calling them, it will help you make better decisions and ask better questions. Cheers.

Top Bottom