Captain
Lite User
First Name
Jordan
Boat Make
22' Calvin Beal

MAArcher

Rear Admiral
Novi owners are a salty bunch, only reason I can think of. But you should most certainly add them to your David. You will be happy you did.
David just messaged me and said that he's put them on smaller boats and there's no reason my hull wouldn't benefit from them.
Now, to decide if I want to be salty or not. Maybe I'll just start with a windshield wiper and see how that goes.

Brooksie

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bruno-Stillman 35

MAArcher

Rear Admiral
But seriously, if you quarter into the slightest chop just right, even at headway speed, you can get the windshield wet, or a surprise mouthful. It’s like there’s a sea sprite hanging around who thinks it’s funny to toss a bucket of water at you when you least expect it.

Benny

Lieutenant Commander
David just messaged me and said that he's put them on smaller boats and there's no reason my hull wouldn't benefit from them.
Now, to decide if I want to be salty or not. Maybe I'll just start with a windshield wiper and see how that goes.
Do you sleep on your boat?

My boat just got 11ft per side of the taco rails. They work amazing. I went from buckets of water on the glass and over the roof, all over the deck etc. to barely a lick anywhere topside.

However, wish I’d installed them well away from the water line. In choppy seas they gurgle and slap non-stop, the sound resonates through the cabin loud and clear. Anchored in wind chop and swell for the first time with them the other night, went to bed at 2330, fell asleep at 0430

Brooksie

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bruno-Stillman 35
Do you sleep on your boat?

My boat just got 11ft per side of the taco rails. They work amazing. I went from buckets of water on the glass and over the roof, all over the deck etc. to barely a lick anywhere topside.

However, wish I’d installed them well away from the water line. In choppy seas they gurgle and slap non-stop, the sound resonates through the cabin loud and clear. Anchored in wind chop and swell for the first time with them the other night, went to bed at 2330, fell asleep at 0430
Best sleeping pill in the world once you get used to it.

Benny

Lieutenant Commander
Here’s a couple pics, one before the rails and one after. Shoots sheet of glass now. Definitely not miracle makers, once the wind gets cooking it’s gonna get wet but under normal circumstances it’s pretty awesome.

C6D8CE3D-0903-44EF-A11D-85F1B570CB46.png
98F78BC5-A880-4747-9F40-4154724C5607.png

Top Bottom