stand alone hydraulic jog lever?

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
Anyone know who sells a Kobelt or similer stand alone hydraulic jog lever that doesn't have to be wired to some bullshit controller or auto pilot? One that just installs like one would plumb a helm.

I cant find any listed for sale at all

Last edited:

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
how about just using a hydro valve ?? Guy in cape may that only had a valve mounted on the dash in fact he'd sit back in the chair and steer with his foot !!

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
That's kind of what I'm looking for Steve. Something along the lines of a 90 degree swing.

Last edited:

pugsley

Captain
That's kind of what I'm looking for Steve. Something along the lines of a 90 degree swing that springs back to center.

a lot of the crab boats here just use a hydraulic valve, works real good with a power steering pump, a little learning curve but works great.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I would think the boys at Rose's could fix you right up or call Surplus Center they have a good hydro gang there also.

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
Lol i was just looking on surplus center Steve! I love that place!

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
John ,Steve at hydro slave has them....you might have to get a flow restrictor to slow down the movement.......sometimes it's hard to make adjustments ...without the restrictor....it wants to pin the rudder with a little movement

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
Jastram makes those set ups. It is basically electric over hydraulic. You can use an electric motor and reversing drum switch from Graingers.

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
Jastram makes that system. It is an electric motor controlling hydraulics (elec over hydraulic).
Marty at Roses can make you a system....for a LOT of money. You can get the parts at Graingers for a do it yourself set up. Electric motor with a reversible drum switch to control it.

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
26' Webber Cove lobster boat.
if you find one please post it. I have been trying to locate one myself. I want something that looks like my control for my hauler but spring loaded, all that i have been able to find are ones that are large clunky valves like you would put on a log splitter.

tunafishhkg

Captain
Boat Make
35 Duffy
You do not have A AP system now? An electric over hyd custom system is the same part of any AP control so would think buying a AP pump or solenoid system if power hyd steering, and building your own lever would be the cheapest route. If you have an AP, you can directly wire to pump or solenoid without going thru AP unit. Would just have to design it to not back feed power into control unit which should be easy.

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
Steve, Pugsley and Mike answered my question on page 1.

Last edited:

pugsley

Captain
there are a lot of boats rigged with steering like this here, you can see the handle sticking up on top of the back station.

10007293_1452811928282991_869613409_o.jpg

Top Bottom