Starboard rod holder cutting board

jsakovits

Captain
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
Ok so….I know not Downeast specific but given you guys know Everything can you recommend a good starboard or plastic rod holder cutting board ?

As usual many thanks !

Henry

Commander
Boat Make
Duffy 31
West Marine has several cutting boards and bait stations with a swivel fitting to go in a rod holder. Does the job and easily storable .

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Kiteboy

Captain
First Name
Liam
Those are ok but a bit small & only having 1 gimbal holder makes them move around too much.
I’ve made a few.
2 gimbals & cutting surface from a friend that cut meat @ Stop & Shop
We only use it for cutting bait when bottom fishing or bass fishing. We cut on the fish box and at then on a folding table at the dock depending on how much there is.

Kiteboy

Captain
First Name
Liam
I am not sure if it was one of your post on facebook, but i saw a post the same as yours above. One good idea i saw in the comments was getting one of the magma Buts and adding The starboard yourself. After seeing this what i would do is get 2 of the butts and a pice a of starboard the size you want. And in between the 2 butts cut it and had hinges so that it folds so you can store it under deck.

Good to Go

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
38 NB
Not a fan of the gimbal. Was too low and moved. Switched it out for a removable table mount that worked great. Good height and solid. Easy to break down and store.

3C8F6D54-F12B-4D59-B758-246E8F56E88B.jpeg

jsakovits

Captain
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
Thanks for all the feedback as usual ! Deided to go with a custom board from ServiXe. Seems to be very easy to deal with and has a very sturdy gimbal/locking mechanism.

Thanks again !

John

SharkDave

Lieutenant Commander
I know off topic but Kiteboy what brand and size cooler is that. Would like to know yours as well CodCruncher. Thanks SD

Kiteboy

Captain
First Name
Liam
I know off topic but Kiteboy what brand and size cooler is that. Would like to know yours as well CodCruncher. Thanks SD
Don’t rember off the top of my head, but I am pretty sure I have it in my phone I will look today, and if I can’t find it I will have that info for you on Saturday.

Last edited:

Codcruncher

Rear Admiral
Lite User

Top Bottom