Stolen Anchor

Twin Lights

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Northern Bay
A friend of mine at my club in Beverly has a nice Sabre yacht, last Saturday (or thereabout) some dirt bag stole the anchor off the bow of the boat while it was on the hard, it was a stainless steel plow anchor and I guess it is worth @$1600! Hoping someone in this community comes across someone trying to sell it online somewhere, let me know if you see anything, I'll try to get details about brand and size etc,
Thanks!

Ernie

Commander
Scum bags !!!
Were there any cameras ?
Hope they catch who did it

First Name
Nick
Boat Make
25 Coombs Cove……unfinished.
I’ve said it before but people who steal shit need serious punishment. I’m all for the chop off a hand type of shit. Make a spectacle of a few assholes and watch how quick theft drops off.

Last year someone stole my outboard off my dingy and my oars right off the dingy dock.

Steal the outboard but why my oars asshole?? Never to be seen again

I’m still bitter about it

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

Crusty Coastie

Captain
First Name
Pete
Boat Make
38 Holland
I’ve said it before but people who steal shit need serious punishment. I’m all for the chop off a hand type of shit. Make a spectacle of a few assholes and watch how quick theft drops off.

Last year someone stole my outboard off my dingy and my oars right off the dingy dock.

Steal the outboard but why my oars asshole?? Never to be seen again

I’m still bitter about it
You can rule out the conservatives .Start with the wall jumpers then towards the lefties .

Pitou

Captain
First Name
Kevin
Boat Make
'06 Albin 31 TE
This theft thing seems to come in waves and the ones that continue usually get caught .. we can only hope. Hoping the lowlife who stole the anchor gets nabbed and they cut his hands off.

I was never a big security camera guy as I don't believe in our every move being recorded, but my storage yard marina has every inch covered and just last summer my berthing marina replaced their old grainy cameras with crystal clear imaging ones after someone ripped off the clubhouse and they couldn't even read the license plate. The same cameras and same installer for both and can be monitored remotely on your phone along with harddrive backup that no one gives a rip to review except in the event of something unscrupulous occurring. The cost was surprisingly reasonable.

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
I’m at a relatively small private dock and the guy has about 10 cameras on land the another few on the pier. One at the end of the pier rotates 360 and he can control it with his phone. We have zero theft issues

Brooksie

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bruno-Stillman 35
$1600... you could even be prosecuted for that in California. Start checking Craig's List and eBay.

Twin Lights

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Northern Bay
We have cameras at the clubhouse but he was all the way at the end of the yard by the street, someone cased it out and knew what they were doing! One of our members has a property across the street and has cameras but the images are too grainy to make anything out unfortunately. We are in the process of upgrading the system but too late for this incident.

Ditchdigger

Rear Admiral
I have always thought that countries that cut off the hands of thieves had a Great idea. Have had things stolen off my boat, and from my property. It pisses you off ! Scum bags steal your shit that you worked hard for to get a few bucks for their next needle in the arm. They will a $500.00 item for $50.00 if it will get them high again. The longer the buyer holds out, he can get the item for $20.00. People who buy from addicts know how desperate they become once they start jonsing for their next fix me up.
Anyway, cut off their hand the first time they steal. My request would be to make it the hand that they wipe their ass with !
That would bring a smile to my face. I am all in on capital punishment. It thins the herd. The herd has grown way too large in my opinion. Just my opinion of course.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I have always thought that countries that cut off the hands of thieves had a Great idea. Have had things stolen off my boat, and from my property. It pisses you off ! Scum bags steal your shit that you worked hard for to get a few bucks for their next needle in the arm. They will a $500.00 item for $50.00 if it will get them high again. The longer the buyer holds out, he can get the item for $20.00. People who buy from addicts know how desperate they become once they start jonsing for their next fix me up.
Anyway, cut off their hand the first time they steal. My request would be to make it the hand that they wipe their ass with !
That would bring a smile to my face. I am all in on capital punishment. It thins the herd. The herd has grown way too large in my opinion. Just my opinion of course.
cut the hand off but forget to bring the band aids, let'em bleed out then they don't become a leech on us when we the taxpayer have to feed them. The person they stole from gets the knocked off hand to hang in the rigging or on the front of the scene of the crime to warn others what happened to the last guy that stole something.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

slow troller

Rear Admiral
Lite User
Boat Make
Fortier 26