Stonington Skiff

Sailorbob

Ensign
Stonington Skiff For Sale

Got rid of my Stonington Skiff last year :sad: and came across another one in my buddies back yard. :) Dragged it out and gave it a good cleaning. It's now on RI Craiglist at
4589933589.html
Looking to find it a good home. Anyone interested?

Bob in Charlestown RI

Sailorbob

Ensign
I have just picked up a 15' Stonington Skiff hull that I'm offering for sale. Got her home and went to town with the pressure washer. The GOOD news is that the glass is in good shape. The BAD news is that she needs new floor and transom coring. Not a big job for someone handy. I'd do it myself but am in the precess of moving and need to clean up the property. Asking $450. Before and after cleaning pics are posted on my tumblr site

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157645963814611/

I've also got it listed on RI Craigslist. I'd like it to go to a good home...

NOTE: This is a PROJECT boat. You cannot put it in the water this season without first repairing it.

Bob in Charlestown, RI
[email protected]

Last edited:

myentourage

Commander
2009 yamaha 2 stroke with about 25hrs . Trailer included . Will get pics tomorrow. 2800.00 obo

Mystic Sailor

Ensign
First Name
Jay
We are selling our beloved 16' Stonington Skiff.

We've used it for fishing, clamming, and lobstering in the Fisher's Island and Block Island Sounds for years, as well as for crabbing on the Hudson River. As noted above in this thread, these skiffs have high gunwales, and are super stable.

Ours has a 15hp Johnson motor, which starts easily and has been highly reliable. We have kept it well maintained and expect that it will remain operational for many years to come.

The trailer is a 1987 ShoreLand'r, which has been trouble free as well.

If you're interested in obtaining one, here is the listing:
1983 Stonington Skiff | eBay

Mystic Sailor

Ensign
First Name
Jay
We are selling our beloved 16' Stonington Skiff.

We've used it for fishing, clamming, and lobstering in the Fisher's Island and Block Island Sounds for years, as well as for crabbing on the Hudson River. As noted above in this thread, these skiffs have high gunwales, and are super stable.

Ours has a 15hp Johnson motor, which starts easily and has been highly reliable. We have kept it well maintained and expect that it will remain operational for many years to come.

The trailer is a 1987 ShoreLand'r, which has been trouble free as well.

If you're interested in obtaining one, here is the listing:
1983 Stonington Skiff | eBay

IMG_9753-2.png

IMG_9751.png

Bern

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
Muscle Ridge 28
I wonder what the max hp is for this boat?

First Name
Chris
This is my 16' Stonington Skiff I picked up last year. .. . .. ..river play boat for me and my boy. These boats were built by the Shaffer family in Stonington Connecticut. .. . . .my home town. They were very popular boats for clamming, crabbing, and the flea fleet lobstermen. They could hold a bunch of gear and have really high gunwales. . . .very stable boats. They haven't been made for some time. Well. . . .. .the real ones. A builder in Bristol R.I. bought the mold, but changed it up a bit. In order to get the new ones USCG approved they put floatation under the deck. This lowered the gunwale hight and aren't as stable to work out of.

My boy has a few more years before it's all his. .. . . .. .!!

View attachment 3999

8B9104B3-6D4B-4D6B-A398-11BC4F297DF6.jpeg

4EC72B03-419A-4FF9-92D4-77E7B95CF1CF.jpeg

Top Bottom