Striped Bass Commercial Season (MA)

duxbait

Captain
Been hearing rumors of the MA striped bass season becoming 20 fish a day on tues and thurs with 5 fish on sundays, instead of our normal 30 fish tues, wed, thurs. Anyone have any info on this. Stripers Forever released a proposal to cut the quota in half last month too. Is this all related? Anyone got any info on this?

twister

Captain
Boat Make
37 Mitchell cove
That's helpful lot less guys poaching down my way.

Bassin

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Maritime Skiff
Yup, i was gonna post this last night, its more then likely to pass, from what I've heard from some of the heavy hitters / old salts that have been fishing for awhile. I think we should just shut down the out of state guys who come up here.. that should be the first point of action. I dont see why MA fishermen should suffer just as much as out of state... DMF lacks common sense...

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
Yup, i was gonna post this last night, its more then likely to pass, from what I've heard from some of the heavy hitters / old salts that have been fishing for awhile. I think we should just shut down the out of state guys who come up here.. that should be the first point of action. I dont see why MA fishermen should suffer just as much as out of state... DMF lacks common sense...

I agree on the out of state ban, get the chuds out of chatham...sorry to any NJ guys but have had some bad experiences.

twister

Captain
Boat Make
37 Mitchell cove
3 to 4 bucks but low of 2.25. Kind of depends on New York if the haul guys land 100k in a day it ruins the market

finaddict

Lieutenant Commander
Website
stores.ebay.com
Boat Make
Nauset
wish they stuck with the 3 days in the middle of the week and dropped it down to 20 fish per day just to keep the season a little longer. Last year was too short and fishing was so slow on the north shore......

twister

Captain
Boat Make
37 Mitchell cove
anyone know how many guys fish from out of state? I only see the ones fishing here that are fishing in RI waters. The boats all have mass stickers though.

nausetwidgeon

Lieutenant
If you look at river road there are always plenty of vehicles with out of state plates and boats registered from ri,nj,nh east of chatham. This year may change because orleans is talking about limiting the parking on river road down to orleans residents. If anyone else here has seen that circus of people launching boats and trying to park I can understand the towns frustration.

Super Suck

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Lasco 5' fiberglass
Who remembers the water temps over the past 4 Summers off Chatham, the warm winter years?

Jay c

Commander
Boat Make
31' Duffy
Who remembers the water temps over the past 4 Summers off Chatham, the warm winter years?

Exactly.

With a normal cold winter, we'll see who actually knows how to catch.

All the [email protected] that just go follow the fleet at Chatham might be in for a surprise.

Bassin

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Maritime Skiff
It didnt pass for this year but there probably will be some big changes in the near future..

twister

Captain
Boat Make
37 Mitchell cove
I would be the changes are historically based.

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
anyone know how many guys fish from out of state? I only see the ones fishing here that are fishing in RI waters. The boats all have mass stickers though.

Wrong thread. Start your own keep the out of staters out thread

Top Bottom