Student License Lobster fishermen...

soldsoul4foos

Lieutenant
Greetings,

Last year, my son and I lobstered with two rec licenses out of Saco. Had a great 8 weeks. LOVED IT! He liked it so much, he's very interested in fishing with someone and/or himself, as a student lobsterman. I have no contacts in the commercial lobster industry, and was hoping someone out there might be willing to sponsor him. He would be going out of Portland since we are moving our slip this year. I believe that's zone F. He would be more than happy to work on someones boat in exchange for the opportunity. He'll be 15 in July. Any help much appreciated.

Thank you,
Bill

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
http://www.maine.gov/dmr/license/2011/2011lobapprent.pdf

I might be mistaken, but the way I read the rules, as long as they upgrade from a student license to a commercial license before they are 18 they do not have to go through the apprentice program. Otherwise they will have to go through the program and all the various hoops, be put on the waiting list and endure while 4,000 tags are retired so their initial 300 can be issued. Good luck.

Limited entry, gotta love it

traditions

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 Holland
You still have to do the apprentice program to obtain a full time licence,if you complete youir time before you turn 18 you get the fulltime without going on a waiting list.You have to have a sponser to sign the logbooks.

Top Bottom