Sturdy Skiff

JimRP31

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Willis Beal/RP 31
I have an opportunity to buy a 12' Amesbury Dory/Skiff made by Stur Dee boat's in Tiverton. The boat is in rough shape. No engine. What would be a fair price?

Last edited:

cobia23

Commander
First Name
Paul
I paid $250 for a 14' a few years ago, it needed a complete rebuild however. I wouldn't pay more than $500 if its in rough shape.

Stur-dee skiff

I would talk with Heidi at Stur-dee boat. She should be able to set a value for the boat in the condition that it is in as well as a cost for restoration

eztbone

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Holland 38
I bought a 12' a couple years ago and love the boat. I needed to replace the transom and this winter I need to replace the the bottom. The floor is cored with balsa I think and a hole int the deck and or possibly thru a repair on the bottom filled it with water. Check those two spots. I would like to move up to a 14' at some point. Good luck

image.jpg

spygull

Lieutenant
Sturdee 16

I picked up a 16 ft. Sturdee when my boys were 12 and 14. They are not as gracefull as the 12 and 14 but the extra freeboard was important. I fitted it out with a radio GPS and a good sounder and built them all into the side console. I put a 30 hp Evinrude. on it and it was scary fast with a light load. I also replaced the rub rails with heavier laminated oak and refastened everything with stainless and got rid of the crap steel screws that cme from the factory. This stiffened the hull up considerably. The boat handled the rough seas in our south shore inlets with ease and even made runs as far as 25 miles off shore weather permitting. Both boys used this boat for years and became very successful fisherman and boaters. All and all it was the one of the best investments i could have made for a first boat for the boys. :D

Tim bass 2.JPG

Latest Posts

Top Bottom