SURPRISE: You're Eating Fukushima Radiation and Bloody, Cancerous Tumors in Fish

Teaserhead

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
1990 Flye Pt. 32 BHM
Steve, thanks for posting this up. It's like there is some kind of gag order on this whole issue. Iv been hearing whispers of this fir months now. I can't believe there hasn't been more public awareness.

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Thanks for sharing.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
What's worse - Talapia imported from polluted fish farms in China or fresh caught radioactive tuna? If I'm gonna die from eating fish, it certainly won't be from eating Talapia out of a cespool!

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
I have some salmon in my refrigerator that I caught fresh from the radioactive, Fukushima'd up waters of the Pacific Ocean this summer, and besides the fish having 3 eyeballs (which is a little abnormal), it's a healthy looking fish and tastes great. Forgot to mention it does glow in the dark a bit, but it's all good.

Toro

Commander
Boat Make
19 Pointer
One or two parts fact, five parts predisposed opinion, three parts hype.

I do like the part about the lunar invasion, good stuff. Going back to read more...

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I have some salmon in my refrigerator that I caught fresh from the radioactive, Fukushima'd up waters of the Pacific Ocean this summer, and besides the fish having 3 eyeballs (which is a little abnormal), it's a healthy looking fish and tastes great. Forgot to mention it does glow in the dark a bit, but it's all good.

Brian you of all folks should be worried about this, if even its 25% true if the word gets out and they say not to eat salmon, tuna halibut etc can you imagine what it will do to the entire west coast fisheries ??? say goodbye to your custom boat niche market, your permit(s) will be worthless and who knows how long it will take to come back. I think the threat is real, all that radiated water going into the ocean has to do something ?? I agree the article is a bit over the top but if it brings attention to the radiation then it might do some good. Don't shoot the messenger:D.

5akman

Commander
Website
www.alldrinsalmon.com
Boat Make
40' Snowball gillnetter
ASMI just reported that you'd have to eat 275lbs of Alaska seafood to get the same radiation exposure as one dental exray. Also, last week the New York Times had an article on west coast fish and the radiation issue. Their findings said there was nothing to be concerned about.

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Brian you of all folks should be worried about this, if even its 25% true if the word gets out and they say not to eat salmon, tuna halibut etc can you imagine what it will do to the entire west coast fisheries ??? say goodbye to your custom boat niche market, your permit(s) will be worthless and who knows how long it will take to come back. I think the threat is real, all that radiated water going into the ocean has to do something ?? I agree the article is a bit over the top but if it brings attention to the radiation then it might do some good. Don't shoot the messenger:D.

Steve- I'm not shooting you;), I thought you brought the article because you thought it was funny, sorry man, I didn't know you were serious. I have read probably 5 or so articles on the subject, and the articles I read said this supposed threat to fish and humanity was pure sensationalism. The small amount of radioactivity released compared to the vastness of the Pacific Ocean is just a non issue. It would be like whales contaminating the Pacific Ocean with their poo and pee. According to Al Gore and other tree huggers, wasn't the coastlines of America supposed to be underwater by now because of the melting ice caps, Antarctica breaking up, and the Polar bears losing their habitat? And I remember just a few years back when according to the climate change experts, we were entering into a time when Hurricanes were going to be much stronger and more frequent, and hell was going to unleash its fury upon the SUV/Truck driving Americans?

I would be more concerned about those 2 bombs we dropped on Japan back in 1945 causing problems than Fuku. Why no concern about the jet stream bringing over all the radioactivity from the Atom bombs we dropped on Japan? Did those bombs kill salmon, halibut, Tuna, and people on the west coast back in the '40s?

I guess I don't worry about people not buying Pacific salmon because of Fuku. The salmon I caught this year were as big, firm, bright, and tasteful as I have ever seen. The 2013 salmon run was the largest on record in the state of Alaska. It was a huge run statewide, and the fish are healthy. So obviously, the salmon haven't got the message yet that they are supposed to become unhealthy and die because of vast radiation in the Pacific. I have read some articles by some health guru, granola crunchers, and they told me salmon is fine to eat.

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
This article is biased....the wounnds on the manatee are clearly from combat with tusks the otheres i think are from isolated events...just sayin

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
26' Webber Cove lobster boat.
What they are not stating here is the levels of radiation and the levels of contamination. I do maintenance on nuclear power plants for a living and I am pretty well trained on the subject of contamination and radiation. There is such a thing as an acceptable level of both.

If these fish are in fact contaminated then they would pose a health risk. But in order to be contaminated they would have to have ingested some irradiated particles. I dont think this is the case. These fish seem to be suffering the effects of both chronic and accute exposure to radiation.

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
This is a BS article..its written to scare us of nuclear power..

Top Bottom