SW Boatworks Visit Today

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
31' Eastern w/John Deere 6076 AFM30
Good Evening,

Today my brother in law Don and myself stoped by SW Boatworks and said hello to my friend Stew who is the owner and buider SW Boatworks. Today as we drove down the driveway to the brand new lay up shop which is huge we looked at the dozen of so molds that were in the yard waiting for a job. The new layup shop will allow two and maybe three hulls to be layed up at once while Stew can be involved with the project from laying the hull to turning it over to the customer after his or her dream boat is finished. It is clean as a whistle and the molds are huge especially the 38 which he has in the finish shop across the street.

Below are some shots of some of the molds and the new lay up shop

SWBOAT 001(Medium).jpg

Some of the Calvin Beal molds

SWBOAT 002(Medium).jpg

SWBOAT 003 (Medium).jpg

Donny at the transom of the CB 38 mold

SWBOAT 004(Medium).jpg

The SW Boatworks new Lay Up Shop

SWBOAT 005(Medium).jpg

SWBOAT 001(Medium).jpg

SWBOAT 002(Medium).jpg

SWBOAT 003 (Medium).jpg

SWBOAT 004(Medium).jpg

SWBOAT 005(Medium).jpg

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
The 38 Calvin Beal Coming Along Nicely

Stew did take a break for a few minutes and show me the 38 as it gets closer to completion. This one is yacht finish quality as it is highly polished. I made him an offer at the end of the day but he did not take it unfortunately.

One very large highly polished cockpit

SWBOAT 004 (Medium).jpg

SWBOAT 007(Medium).jpg

SWBOAT 008(Medium).JPG

SWBOAT 009 (Medium).JPG

I offered Stew this check for the boat but once he saw I was missing many zeros he said I would have to wait for now

SWBOAT 010 (Medium).jpg

There is no doubt in my mind I want a CB 36 for my next boat as this is just too much boat for me. If you are seriously in the market for a downeast boat, go visit Stew and have a face to face talk and discuss your options. Even if you do not decide to go and take the plunge you will fell that you made a new friend. I hope to get back up in a few months and see what else is going on and learn a few things from a master boat builder.

Dave

SWBOAT 007(Medium).jpg

SWBOAT 008(Medium).JPG

SWBOAT 009 (Medium).JPG

SWBOAT 010 (Medium).jpg

SWBOAT 004 (Medium).jpg

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
Molds

El Mar he has a bunch of CB and Young Brothers molds and actually is getting a third design but I will wait till he announces it before I spill the beans.

Dave

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
Ronnie,

You are right on the money with the 15' beam and at the transom it is
14'2". This could be a bitch to get into my present slip at GHM.

Dave

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
Trim Tabs

I have not seen these Volvo Trim Tabs before and the lights will be nice for canyon runs or being the cool guy at the dock party.

SWBOAT 016 (Medium).JPG

SWBOAT 017 (Medium).JPG

SWBOAT 010 (Medium).JPG

SWBOAT 009 (Medium).JPG

Dave

SWBOAT 016 (Medium).JPG

SWBOAT 017 (Medium).JPG

SWBOAT 010 (Medium).JPG

SWBOAT 009 (Medium).JPG

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
Bill,

The plug is being laid up in February and ready to go. An unbeleivable amount of work and great projects going on there now.

Dave

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Any other boats currently being finished? Thanks for the pics.

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
No ohers at this time that I know of but he has a busy schedule coming up from what I understand.

Dave

8943post

Commander
Boat Make
33 Duffy
Those look like the new trim tabs that operate in a vertical rather than horizontal plane...took long enough for someone to impelment that idea. Kind of like a "thumb" on an excavtor. Such a simple idea.

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
We installed a pair of those QL trim tabs a few years ago, worked really slick. The owner however left them in the down position and didn't put any anti fouling paint on them, when he went to raise them at the end of the season all the barnacle growth on the outside stripped the internal plastic gears when it was attempted to bring them back into the body casing.
Really slick plug n' play system though

Bermuda

Lieutenant
Boat Make
32 Osmond Beal (480 QSB)
We installed a pair of those QL trim tabs a few years ago, worked really slick. The owner however left them in the down position and didn't put any anti fouling paint on them, when he went to raise them at the end of the season all the barnacle growth on the outside stripped the internal plastic gears when it was attempted to bring them back into the body casing.
Really slick plug n' play system though
F/V - I have the QL Tabs on my 32 Osmond Beal, and they automatically retract when you power down ??

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
The owner pulled the plug from the back of the control box so that he didn't have to always adjust them when starting their cruise, so they were always in the down position. We kept trying to tell him that it was counter productive and adjusting the tabs is something that needs to be taken care of because he wouldn't need the same tab configuration in flat calm seas as they would in 3 footers. Fell upon deaf ears, and broken gears was the result.

Most amusing thing out of the whole ordeal "That's covered under warranty right?"

Couldn't stop laughing

Top Bottom