T Jason 35

mattinri

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Nordhavn 46
I'm looking at a 1998 T Jason 35 cruiser with a 225 John Deere. Cruise is 11-12 kts at about 6g/hr. I expected somewhat better efficiency but she is a heavy cruiser build and a bit beamy (13'). As usual, flat calm seas on the test ride. Any comments on the T Jason? Especially following/quartering sea performance?

I'm also looking at a 35' duffy with a Cummins QSB 330hp. Enough has been said about that hull, but she has trim tabs which makes me curious. Does the Duffy require tabs?

Ditchdigger

Rear Admiral
I do believe that a D.E. Boat should not need trim tabs ever. Engine sits in the middle of the boat which makes them ride so nice. Below deck, engine should be even better . Not an expert, just an owner. 32' BHM. No tabs and a below deck engine. Smooth ride at 15 knts.

mattinri

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Nordhavn 46
Yes, we do alot of sight seeing. We're mostly cruisers and I fish when my wife isn't looking. I'm happy with a 14 kt cruise. My boat tops out at 26 kts, but I find 14 kts is a nice comfortable speed. We cruise inshore waters with the autopilot on for longer passages and the pots come up too fast at higher speeds. The 11-12 kts with the T. Jason is a little slow.

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
I'm looking at a 1998 T Jason 35 cruiser with a 225 John Deere. Cruise is 11-12 kts at about 6g/hr. I expected somewhat better efficiency but she is a heavy cruiser build and a bit beamy (13'). As usual, flat calm seas on the test ride. Any comments on the T Jason? Especially following/quartering sea performance?

I'm also looking at a 35' duffy with a Cummins QSB 330hp. Enough has been said about that hull, but she has trim tabs which makes me curious. Does the Duffy require tabs?

A Duffy shouldn't need tabs.

Top Bottom