Teak Lumber

CaptMissMac

Lieutenant
Any one know of a good source of Teak Lumber and MDO Plywood on Long Island? Would be willing to do a little traveling or mail order if necessary. Thanks for any help.

Rearmount

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
34' mainship Pilot
Second on Roberts plywood. In Deer Park on Industrial Court. They have quite the raw lumber selection as well plywood. They stock marine ply as well.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Condons lumber in White Plains (not on LI) has all kinds of wood, milling services, plywoods etc..

Was there in 1998 and a US Navy flatbed 18 wheeler was loading 4" x 20" mahongany planks in 12-20' lengths. They used 2 forklifts to place each pallet. I was needless to say fascinated. Incredible wood (on the forks...).

They must have been restoring something...

depending on how much teak you need to purchase, It might be worth it to get your lumber from St. Angelo Hardwoods in Rhode Island. Steve in a direct importer. He sells to all the major yards and is open to the public

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
What are you using the teak for? Just curious.

CaptMissMac

Lieutenant
Thanks for all the help. I have dealt with Robert's Plywood. Will have to take a ride up to Condon's in white plains and will also check out St. Angelo's Hardwood. Thinking of putting some Teak trim around the Cockpit.

captchuck

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
26' Seaway
Thanks for all the help. I have dealt with Robert's Plywood. Will have to take a ride up to Condon's in white plains and will also check out St. Angelo's Hardwood. Thinking of putting some Teak trim around the Cockpit.

For what its worth if there is no other teak to match your work to. I am a big fan of using mahoganey as its a fraction of the price and far more available. It also comes already planed down and ready to work with vs most teak comes rough sawn.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
I would call Condons before going if you do. They will tell you what they have in stock and you can talk to them about having it planed so it at least has 2 decent faces. They take cash and checks too - no credit cards. I think .

Top Bottom